Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

If you're going to cite a ****ty source to support your argument, you should probably expect to get called out on how much the source sucks. You can certainly do better than Colin Cowherd.

I wasnt making an argument. I've stated for quite some time how I felt about GBs passing attack. I posted Cowherd's opinion for your consideration. You dont like it have the balls to tell him directly. Dont argue his points though (or with) me.

I had it wrong  .. I kept pushing for the Packers to deal Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders in a deal for Derek Carr and some draft picks, and then resigning Davante to team with his old college buddy in GB.  That would have been interesting, but it will be fun to see where the Packers go from here. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Rap says it was his lifelong dream to be a Raider.

I think he genuinely loves Derek Carr and Carr is going to play for the length of his deal… Rodgers likely isnt.

And let’s be honest… this was his last chance to get his money, he maximized it. Good for Adams.

Also it forces the GB offense to evolve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Who are potential trade targets? Michael Thomas, Kenny Golladay, DJ Moore, Brandin Cooks?

Thomas just restructured with the Saints and they're trying to get Watson so I'd guess he's a no. Especially since the Saints would eat a huge cap hit if they traded him.

Golladay also would be pretty pricey for the Giants to give up and they need Jones to pass to someone.

Moore would make some sense if the Panthers thought they couldn't keep him, but they have 30M in cap room this season and 70M next year so I'd bet they'll give him a nice extension.

Brandin Cooks would make the most sense since he plays for the worst team in the NFL and they seem willing to trade players. Though you can probably get equivalent-ish players cheaper in both FA and the draft.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I had it wrong  .. I kept pushing for the Packers to deal Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders in a deal for Derek Carr and some draft picks, and then resigning Davante to team with his old college buddy in GB.  That would have been interesting, but it will be fun to see where the Packers go from here. 

What on earth? Let's try to get substantialy worse at QB and see how it goes? Glad you aren't gute 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think he genuinely loves Derek Carr and Carr is going to play for the length of his deal… Rodgers likely isnt.

And let’s be honest… this was his last chance to get his money, he maximized it. Good for Adams.

Also it forces the GB offense to evolve.

Carr last offseason said he would do all he can to get Davante if he could.

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

...I would prefer a FA addition and draft 1 WR in round 1 or 2, then a double dip in round 3-5 range.

Yeah, that seems a variably likely approach.  Kinda depends on how good the veteran addition can be. 

From a Nowacrat perspective, not sure whether adding an experienced WR via FA versus trade makes a huge difference.  That's kind of a scouting question, and hard to guess how Gute might see things.  

Adams' agents adroitly used the Packers $$ offers to drive up the contract with the Raiders
Gute then shopped the Raiders trade offers at the combine to drive up the draft compensation

Rodgers was fully apprised - and Adams' imminent departure was part of his deliberations around Retire/Packers/Trade

1 minute ago, FAH1223 said:

Carr last offseason said he would do all he can to get Davante if he could.

And I think if the Raiders weren’t interested… he would be a packer still today.

I think there was only one other team in the league Adams wanted to play for and I think there was only one other QB he wanted to play for. Let’s not forget these guys are human. Just like Rodgers wanted Cobb back… maybe Adams really want to spend part of his career with Carr.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gotta say, I would have never guessed that Davante's life long dream was to play for a franchise that's arguably been bottom 3 in the league the past 20 years and with the 4th best QB in his own division, rather than with one of the greatest quarterbacks ever on a contender

if you grow up near LA/OAK and have a family or friends that are Raiders fans, that sticks.  Adams has been in GB and there is very likely no attachment to GB or the state of WI for that matter.  

Adams gets 

• Play for his childhood team
  • play with his best friend in Carr
  • get paid a trunk full of money

those are 3 pretty enticing things.