Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 minute ago, R T said:

He's the best FA available on the market for Rodgers. It's not the big name with no game that you usually love so much, but he is the best thing for the Packers. 

He's a role guy. I'm fine giving him a role salary if he wants it, but he's still your No. 3-4 guy.

Upside to this is he is in the AFC for 5 years

We don't have to pay a WR QB type of money

We get a lot of picks to maneuver through the draft.

People worried about our WR depth right now, don't, we will probably add a guy in fa and draft a few, AND Rodgers might finally not key in on one guy.

I was hopeful we could strike a deal, but you gotta look at this long term as well, paying many guys 25+ mil on the team is not the best option. Gary and Jenkins both will get brought back, and possibly savage? Idk, but I'm not freaking over this. I feel like this may be for the better.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Juju and Julio tysm. Rodgers made Adams look better than he is. He's a great player but we've seen every wr have less success elsewhere

This narrative needs to stop. There's literally no truth to this. 

• Like 2

NFL is in a manic phase currently, makes me reminisce about the TT days when we could  just RELAX this time of year. I wasn't thrilled to pay Adams  top dollar moving forward, even though he deserves it. Let's build the Defense and ground & pound so Rodgers doesn't have to spearhead victories in Jan/Feb.

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Juju and Julio tysm. Rodgers made Adams look better than he is. He's a great player but we've seen every wr have less success elsewhere

Julio got released by a team that 1 year prior traded a 2nd round pick to acquire.  

Julio is more a name than asset at this point.

Julio for real, real cheap would be OK. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

He's the best FA available on the market for Rodgers. It's not the big name with no game that you usually love so much, but he is the best thing for the Packers. 

Run out 8 OL, Jones, Dillon, and Rodgers and just run on every play.

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

with respect, look at the YAC of the Pack receivers stats the last few years and do the math