Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

50 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I feel you. I was going to do the same thing with the Dolphins had we traded for him.

This is an interesting one. From a moral standpoint, Panthers, Falcons, and Saints fans should be boycotting (or at least be very unhappy with) their teams too. Those teams all wanted him, they all bid for him. What difference does it make that he didn't choose them? 

• Like 4

Its done. I have a few suggestions.

How about we keep it to football now on the site that always wants to keep it to football? We in the not certain minority understand than as many as 95 out of every 100 here think he is guilty (a guess of course). I don't even think he is innocent, I just don't know for sure and can't know. How does arguing it for the 700th time help anything?

If we are going to keep circling it can we at least have a rant thread where people who are genuinely upset about this evil person getting money and a new start and all of that can vent in peace? I have empathy for them. We had it in Philly with Vick. I love my dogs and I forgave him after his punishment but I respected everyone who did not. I promise to stay out of that rant thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Its done. I have a few suggestions.

How about we keep it to football now on the site that always wants to keep it to football? We in the not certain minority understand than as many as 95 out of every 100 here think he is guilty (a guess of course). I don't even think he is innocent, I just don't know for sure and can't know. How does arguing it for the 700th time help anything?

There isnt much football to discuss though. 

Browns are better on paper now than in the last 35 years.

They paid a moderate price for a dynamic QB.

They have the best or 2nd best QB in the north with a great team. 

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

If we are going to keep circling it can we at least have a rant thread where people who are genuinely upset about this evil person getting money and a new start and all of that can vent in peace? I have empathy for them. We had it in Philly with Vick. I love my dogs and I forgave him after his punishment but I respected everyone who did not. I promise to stay out of that rant thread.

the rubber meets the road with his personality and his actions not his play. 

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This is an interesting one. From a moral standpoint, Panthers, Falcons, and Saints fans should be boycotting (or at least be very unhappy with) their teams too. Those teams all wanted him, they all bid for him. What difference does it make that he didn't choose them? 

I just can't root for him.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Apparently, 1M base salary in year 1 to deal with the probable NFL suspension.... League should do something about this.

The suspension might be in year 2 if they wait for the civil suit and I think the 1 million is heavily influenced by the 2022 salary cap. The Browns only had 16 million or so before the trade. I'm not disagreeing with you but it can be both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

What are the weapons there? Is Landry resigning? Chubb on the decline this year? How bad was the injury situation last year?

Amari Cooper, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and... a bunch of inconsistent vets/rookies.

At least the o-line is solid.

I love that it’s always sports where people want to solve societies ills. Your phone was probably manufactured by slaves in a factory with suicide nets and some kid probably lost his arm mining the minerals for it but Browns fans need to feel guilty for every win they get from now on.