Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Do not lump all of us in with CK.

He is the court jester of the Steelers forum.

It's funny because you are on record in the Steelers forum not wanting Watson at the price. If the Steelers made the same move the Browns did, you would presumably have to trash it. As if the Browns roster is in some higher echelon from that of the Steelers...a team that swept them last year with what you believe was garbage QB play. 

I'm also apparently a homer even though I'm on record as stating that I couldn't care less about the Steelers or the NFL post-Roethlisberger, at least as long as Mike Tomlin is at the helm. But somehow I'm bitter because I don't think the Browns are this years Rams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoa now homie, Cooper alone is good for like 6x 125 yard games a season. And Njoku is a freak. Thats going to stress defenses.

Especially when you factor in the run game and Watsons own running ability. And using their 2nd on a WR will help. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The NFL and teams care so much about image nowadays, that this trade and the wide interest Watson was getting has me confused. 

They still like football players who can football good. That’s Deshaun Watson.

Much of his situation will be debated, but once he throws for 350/5 including a GW TD, much of his situation will be forgotten and his jersey sales will quickly reach top 5 status.

The NFL cares… all the way to the bank.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'll take a bet with anyone here that the Browns don't win a playoff game next year. 

Any takers?

I don't think the Browns make the playoffs next year, quite frankly.

But this is also not just for 2022. This move is for the next 5 years and ideally even longer.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whoa now homie, Cooper alone is good for like 6x 125 yard games a season. And Njoku is a freak. Thats going to stress defenses.

Cooper doesn't even have 6 games of 125 yards receiving in his last 4 seasons combined, let alone in one. And Njoku hasn't even cracked 700 yards in a season. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Plus they still have their 2nd round draft pick which they can add a burner WR.

3 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

He didn’t specify “football games” maybe he wants to win something else

His bank account just won for sure.

I haven't seen this much money since Trump asked for donations to save the election with the fine print that it all just goes to him.

Just now, Soggust said:

I don't think the Browns make the playoffs next year, quite frankly.

But this is also not just for 2022. This move is for the next 5 years and ideally even longer.

They're already going to have to cut some players to make room for Watson, which people don't seem to be accounting for here. 

I fail to see why anyone would have faith in the Browns regime to build a championship roster without their top picks and no longer having the luxury of having cap space to play with every year. They are now putting 20% of their cap into the QB position and almost as much into Garrett. It's a whole new ballgame. 

Watson isn't a bum, but people overestimate him and the Browns FO.

• Like 1