Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

Hotep Good Brothers......

I had to take some time off and process everything......and It seems as if this Horse has been beat to death already.....I will keep my Magnum Opus to myself....I may discuss parts of them from time to time when appropriate.....I've considered everything from Robert Kraft to Brian Banks to Emmett Till  on this mental journey....

I for one had Reservation about the accusation and treatment of Watson BEFORE he became "Our Situation"......"Entanglement" if you will.

Summing up two of my points I could express in great detail.....I will resign myself to thinking of the Military Family I come from....1. what I think would be the best way to move as a team, has to be balanced with the trust I put in Andrew Berry and Paul Depodesta in they seem to make a TON of good Football Moves, I cant abandon my trust because of a single move. 2. One must deal with "What Is" not "What one its to Be", this piece of advice would have saved me a Lot of Money on Bad investments and  WHOLE lot of time Wasted on Women who were not worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers......

I had to take some time off and process everything......and It seems as if this Horse has been beat to death already.....I will keep my Magnum Opus to myself....I may discuss parts of them from time to time when appropriate.....I've considered everything from Robert Kraft to Brian Banks to Emmett Till  on this mental journey....

I for one had Reservation about the accusation and treatment of Watson BEFORE he became "Our Situation"......"Entanglement" if you will.

Summing up two of my points I could express in great detail.....I will resign myself to thinking of the Military Family I come from....1. what I think would be the best way to move as a team, has to be balanced with the trust I put in Andrew Berry and Paul Depodesta in they seem to make a TON of good Football Moves, I cant abandon my trust because of a single move. 2. One must deal with "What Is" not "What one its to Be", this piece of advice would have saved me a Lot of Money on Bad investments and  WHOLE lot of time Wasted on Women who were not worth it.

Yeah, as far as should we make the Watson deal is meaningless and doesn't matter because it is done. It's a questionable football move in my opinion but those happen a lot and not a big deal.

The only thing I have issue with is putting that much faith into a move without knowing what exactly you are getting. It seemed like as soon as there wasn't going to be criminal charges a few teams said they didn't care what kind of person they were getting as long as they got the football player. I know character comes after football in the league but the eagerness still leaves a bad taste in my mouth no matter what becomes of Watson. We still said we don't care if he is or isn't a threat to others we just want a football player.

I would be hard pressed to accept the team punishing any player for any off the field incident after this. You gotta do what the league says but we can't hold a moral high ground over the players when the organization makes a careless decision themselves. May turn out great or it may blow up but we did what we tell players not to do which is putting yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, as far as should we make the Watson deal is meaningless and doesn't matter because it is done. It's a questionable football move in my opinion but those happen a lot and not a big deal.

What’s questionable from a football perspective?  He’s a franchise QB and he’s 26.  I can’t think of another time a guy of his caliber at his age even came available, let alone what they cost. 

The only thing I have issue with is putting that much faith into a move without knowing what exactly you are getting. It seemed like as soon as there wasn't going to be criminal charges a few teams said they didn't care what kind of person they were getting as long as they got the football player. I know character comes after football in the league but the eagerness still leaves a bad taste in my mouth no matter what becomes of Watson. We still said we don't care if he is or isn't a threat to others we just want a football player.

yeah this whole part is pretty gross.  Not much else to say tbh.

I would be hard pressed to accept the team punishing any player for any off the field incident after this. You gotta do what the league says but we can't hold a moral high ground over the players when the organization makes a careless decision themselves. May turn out great or it may blow up but we did what we tell players not to do which is putting yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They’ll have a double standard, like most teams do all the time. Hell you see it already with Malik McDowell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s questionable from a football perspective?  He’s a franchise QB and he’s 26.  I can’t think of another time a guy of his caliber at his age even came available, let alone what they cost. 

yeah this whole part is pretty gross.  Not much else to say tbh.

They’ll have a double standard, like most teams do all the time. Hell you see it already with Malik McDowell.

Anyone else remember the old mediocre to awful yet somewhat addicting ESPN TV-MA show "Playmakers"? It came out in 2003 and was eerily on point about the sliding metric of "how good you are" to "how much trouble you can get in on/off the field".

We are absolutely there with Watson, as have a bunch of other teams with a bunch of other players. Fair or not, right or not, that's how it is. I haven't seen too many NFL coaches or GMs get extensions for bringing in nice guys who aren't as good as other questionable to morally bankrupt superstars who produce.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Anyone else remember the old mediocre to awful yet somewhat addicting ESPN TV-MA show "Playmakers"? It came out in 2003 and was eerily on point about the sliding metric of "how good you are" to "how much trouble you can get in on/off the field".

We are absolutely there with Watson, as have a bunch of other teams with a bunch of other players. Fair or not, right or not, that's how it is. I haven't seen too many NFL coaches or GMs get extensions for bringing in nice guys who aren't as good as other questionable to morally bankrupt superstars who produce.

Playmakers ruled. 

3 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Playmakers ruled. 

I always liked that random linebacker, Olczyk. He was a star LB who was less athletic than I was. So many plotholes in that show, like how that "aging" RB who turned 30 coming off an ACL tear could have fetched a 1st Round pick at the beginning of the season, but the team instead decided to stash him on the bench and use their 1st Rounder on a superstar RB who was an absolute train wreck off of the field, or Olczyk strip sacking the eerily similar right handed prime Michael Vick after getting owned in a pick up game in the parking lot of a nightclub, etc.

That said, the NFL turning down a huge payday and canceling the series showed just how many IRL skeletons and similarities it was legitimately hiding. It aged unbelievably well tbh.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The last time Watson played he was a top 6-8 QB and Baker was a top 10-12. Baker had a bad year and Watson didn't play.

If we are to assume Baker is a bottom tier QB then it makes sense. A good QB is important. If a healthy Baker is a top 10-15 QB then giving up 3 firsts and paying an extra 25 million per season salary is a questionable move. You could have potentially had a big time free agent and three first round players building the team further.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I always liked that random linebacker, Olczyk. He was a star LB who was less athletic than I was. So many plotholes in that show, like how that "aging" RB who turned 30 coming off an ACL tear could have fetched a 1st Round pick at the beginning of the season, but the team instead decided to stash him on the bench and use their 1st Rounder on a superstar RB who was an absolute train wreck off of the field, or Olczyk strip sacking the eerily similar right handed prime Michael Vick after getting owned in a pick up game in the parking lot of a nightclub, etc.

That said, the NFL turning down a huge payday and canceling the series showed just how many IRL skeletons and similarities it was legitimately hiding. It aged unbelievably well tbh.

CRAZY as it may Sound, I have that old series on DVD, and my Girl asked about it when looking through the shelf for some older movies to watch (she has so many she needs to see, we watched Heat 2 weekends ago...Al Pacino and Robert Dinero in the bank robbing movie)...I digress, I LOVED that show....but you are EXACTLY right.....the NFL was not ready to deal with Drug Use allowed for stellar play (especially the Cop scene when DH got caught with the Coke), the wife beating situation and having a Gay WR (the blond kid who was a Jullian Eddlmen type of WR...and the only player to make the Pro Bowl team that year)

You KNOW it was the NFL was not ready to deal with those topics....that show was WAY ahead of its time. AND was the #1 Prime Time rated show on ESPN, it was competing with network sitcoms and well established shows when it was on......

I was looking forward to Season 2 and then just like that, they pulled the plug...

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:34 AM, Thomas5737 said:

The last time Watson played he was a top 6-8 QB and Baker was a top 10-12. Baker had a bad year and Watson didn't play.

If we are to assume Baker is a bottom tier QB then it makes sense. A good QB is important. If a healthy Baker is a top 10-15 QB then giving up 3 firsts and paying an extra 25 million per season salary is a questionable move. You could have potentially had a big time free agent and three first round players building the team further.

This is exactly what I was thinking.....to sum up the thought that Balanced that was, the Curious Case of Jared Goff and the LA Ram....IF you go and look at his numbers for his Career, they are actually GOOD......he's been to two Pro Bowls and he has multiple playoff appearances and a SB appearance....yet the Rams felt like they needed to trade him AND 2 1rst and a 3rd round pick for Matt Stafford...and Boom they are in the SB with the Upgrade.....

Edited by DaWg_LB.

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

This has been my issue with the trade from the begining. I just do not see the value in it as opposed to what else we could of had.  1 or 2 firsts and a more reasonable salary I could be on board with it. What we gave? not worth it IMO. Especially if he loses signicant time due to the off field issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Is it possible the difference between 6 and 12 is a lot? 

Also Baker is terrible when the game is on the line.2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Is it possible the difference between 6 and 12 is a lot?

We'll see, sorta. Baker wasn't himself last year so that isn't a fair comparison but the last season he was healthy the team won a playoff game and was close to getting to the conference game with a garbage defense most of the time.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also Baker is terrible when the game is on the line.2

He was last year, was sacked on what seemed like every big 3rd or 4th down. Protection was really bad and that's always been an issue with Watson so we'll see if he can be better against taking sacks or if our tackles hold up better this year.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, DaWg_LB. said:

This is exactly what I was thinking.....to sum up the thought that Balanced that was, the Curious Case of Jared Goff and the LA Ram....IF you go and look at his numbers for his Career, they are actually GOOD......he's been to two Pro Bowls and he has multiple playoff appearances and a SB appearance....yet the Rams felt like they needed to trade him AND 2 1rst and a 3rd round pick for him...and Boom they are in the SB with the Upgrade.....

Goff is probably the perfect analogy.

Always liked Baker. Still do. I do think he can take a team to a SB (and possibly win one), but if I'm taking off my homer shades, it was extremely unlikely he would do that with us, given the current strength of the AFC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Goff is probably the perfect analogy.

Always liked Baker. Still do. I do think he can take a team to a SB (and possibly win one), but if I'm taking off my homer shades, it was extremely unlikely he would do that with us, given the current strength of the AFC.

This is the Balanced thought....if he plays like he did in year 1 and 3....I think he is fully capable of getting to and winning a SB.....if he played like he did in year 2 under Kitchens, then absolutely not.....and to me last year with a Busted Shoulder, crap play at the WR spot and loosing his top 4 OT's in the first 5 weeks of the season.....I would call for a Mulligan, personally (if the Alternative is 3 1rst, a 3rd and 2 4th + 250+ Guaranteed......in addition to all the #MeToo stuff and image stuff)

• Like 1