John Clayton passes away

Forge

35 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'll never forget when Sean Salisbury questioned his football knowledge because he had never played, and John said "I got about as much playing time as you did".  Salisbury had nothing to say after that.  Was so awesome.

John would usually get him with a nice burn. My favorite was Sean saying "You never even played in the NFL!!!" and John retorting "Neither did you!!!". 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'll never forget when Sean Salisbury questioned his football knowledge because he had never played, and John said "I got about as much playing time as you did".  Salisbury had nothing to say after that.  Was so awesome.

Forgot what a delta bravo Salisbury was. 

• Like 2

Very sad. John Clayton was so unique he shouldn't be allowed to die. For some reason I always thought he'd restore to a prominent role somewhere.

BTW, I knew Sean Salisbury in college. He hasn't changed in 40 years. Everything was a double entendre locker room caliber joke or a similar physical prank in the locker room itself.