DC Movie Universe

devils1854

People saying Disney to buy WB clearly don't know how antitrust works. The government would never approve it. Comcast/Universal would be the most likely buyers.

But yeah, Jason Momoa as Lobo would be too perfect. That's the role he was born to play. Tell me it wouldn't be a straight-up comic pages rip:

jason-momoa-aquaman-lobo.jpg

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Rumblings Warner Bros might be sold again soon. We might get through 1 or 2 Gunn movies before they blow it up again lol.

It'll be interesting how it goes, been somewhat transparent this was what the last couple years were building towards.

Yeah Comcast-NBCUniversal makes sense, but will depend on antitrust.

• Netflix, solves their content/ip problem. Would take max off the market, or at least reshuffle things there.
  • Amazon, could be the bigger fish to add to MGM. Could see them merging Max or keeping it as is for a bit. With the ability to add it to Prime. Gets them into gaming in a more real way then their mild attempts.
  • Microsoft, they are on the table for any big buy. Now would be the time if they want to get involved in the TV/Film industry / streamers. Gets them more game studios too, as well as all that IP.
  • Youtube, saw how much they really pressed Sunday ticket. Getting legit studios and the sports packages could make sense, as well as scripted content. They might just sell off the gaming division and go the disney route of licensing the IP.

the slight good news, we could have two less streamers soon.
Bad news is that's going to let them all hike costs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can see it, leans a bit more towards a whiny Lex then I’d go but seen him display petty, petulant, second place energy a lot.

If Gunn is casting with a long term lens, hire like this makes sense. You need someone who can be both a villain and a hero depending on the point of view. Or what the story is. As well as someone who you will have for many movies.

Not saying he’s the best choice for the former, but he’s low enough on the Hollywood hierarchy that having him back for stuff shouldn’t be an issue like going for an A-lister would.

18 hours ago, 43M said:

I like Hoult far more than Eisenberg, but its still a mediocre casting IMO.  

I never had much faith in the Gunnverse, so its just whatever at this point.  Ill give Hoult a chance, but again....whatever.

Lex needs to be an alpha and while I like both Hoult and Eisenberg, neither are an alpha.

I'm in the same boat.  The first GOTG was good, the 2nd one was horrendously bad and the 3rd one was okay at best.  Barring a spectacular trailer for this movie, I'll wait and check it out on Max.

• Like 1