DC Movie Universe

devils1854

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Lex needs to be an alpha and while I like both Hoult and Eisenberg, neither are an alpha.

100%.    Need someone with that commanding screen presence.   Hoult could surprise, but doubtful.    There are far better options...but I suppose there are far worse, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Maybe they have him put on some weight for the movie 

Its not about that at all.

He just doesnt have that on screen commanding presence that I, and others, believe Lex Luthor should have.

Michael Rosenbaum from Smallville wasnt visually intimidating, but did a great job of portraying a deep anger and resentment in Lex, combined with being a genius with unrivaled focus that really transformed him into a great Lex as the years went on, along with his increasingly malicious tactics.

They could do something similar with Hoult's Lex, but there are two major issues there.   One, of course, is that Smallville had hours about hours, and season upon season to really develop Lex's character....while the movie has a matter of hours.    He doesnt necessarily have to be the final version of Lex in the first movie, but even over the course of several movies, they wont get the same development time in.   Secondly, and an understated part of Lex's development in Smallvile was his father, Lionel Luthor, portrayed brilliantly by John Glover.     He really helped drive Lex in that villainous direction.

Im not saying Hoult cant pull it off.   We have seen numerous people surprise in the past, but after Eisenberg, like @thrILL!, I was hoping for that "alpha" character that could immediately walk on screen with little development and have that commanding presence that Lex needs, especially with such little time to really develop the characters.    I get they likely wanted another young version of Lex, but an actor like Idris Elba or Brian Cranston could have been perfect.     There may be some younger actors they couldve got too that hit the same notes, but those are just examples of the TYPE of Lex I want to see on screen.

• Like 1

There was never any chance Elba or Cranston or anyone of that caliber/age were going to be the Lex to Corenswet's Superman.

I think this is going to end up like the Battinson complaints when he was cast, nothing but noise.

Nicholas Hoult" será el nuevo Lex Luthor del Universo DC.

Just add 10-20 pounds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mox said:

There was never any chance Elba or Cranston or anyone of that caliber/age were going to be the Lex to Corenswet's Superman.

I think this is going to end up like the Battinson complaints when he was cast, nothing but noise.

Nicholas Hoult" será el nuevo Lex Luthor del Universo DC.

Just add 10-20 pounds.

Not sure why people keeping bringing up his weight and size.  Literally no one will complain about that.   Lex isnt a physical villain, for the most part.

Pattison was given grief because most people only knew him from Twilight.

Hoult IMO fits more into the Ben Affleck mold of casting....meaning, lukewarm reception, and could win some people over if well directed,  but many still may mot be down with his portrayal of the character.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Uhh what

I don't think it was a "swing and miss", but there are ALOT of people who didn't like The Batman, or Pattinson's portrayal of him.

I enjoyed it for what it was and thought Pattinson did well (except his Bruce Wayne, but that was an issue with direction  and writing IMO), but its definitely nowhere close to my favorite version of the character.

I could see the 2nd movie doing worse than the first....especially if they use that awful Joker from the deleted scenes.

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

I enjoyed it for what it was and thought Pattinson did well (except his Bruce Wayne, but that was an issue with direction  and writing IMO), but its definitely nowhere close to my favorite version of the character.

I could see the 2nd movie doing worse than the first....especially if they use that awful Joker from the deleted scenes.

I agree with this.  They certainly didn’t do him any favors by leaning into the emo for Bruce Wayne.  Maybe with a better concept and script, it could’ve been better.  Saw it once and that was enough.  Certainly don’t need another with the same cast & crew iyam. 

Batman
Batman Begins

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

BvS
The Batman

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Batman
Batman Begins

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

BvS
The Batman

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

I know you've always been partial to Keaton's Batman but I'm not a fan of this list at all. The Batman behind BvS? BB behind Batman? Batman Returns ahead of Dark Knight? I just don't agree at all.