DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 3/1/2024 at 3:40 PM, KManX89 said:

Apparently the new Superman suit has been leaked:

57a43ece.jpg

Personally, I like it. It looks like a blend of 90’s Superman and current comics Superman. He’s got the hair down pat, too. 👍

Chuck Norris once arm wrestled Superman.  The loser had to wear their underwear on the outside of their pants.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:49 PM, August4th said:

she was great in House of the Dragon. She's a rising star

I kinda hate when they do this.

Like yes, she's good in House of the Dragon.  But the need to cast a "rising star" in already iconic sort of roles just doesn't make sense to me.  Not when it's someone who is already establishing themselves in another iconic role.  It tends to just muddle things to me.  Harder to fully buy in.

Looks like some of the other casting options would've been a lot better tbh.

Someone that can fall into the role and just become known as the "Supergirl" actress.  Rather than, "The House of the Dragon actress played Supergirl too!".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I won't be shocked if it never happens. If it does, getting Pattinson back for a third is going to take a herculean effort.

I would have assumed he signed a three film deal, if the trilogy was always the plan.  Is that not the case?

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Does Pattinson not like the role or something?

He had a tough time with all the COVID delays on the first one, he’s also not the type to want to stick to franchises. His post Twilight career really took off by doing random projects he was excited by. But he’s signed on for two more.

Im curious what the delay is for. They say strike related stuff but that would probably mean other films had been pushed back which interfered with schedules for shooting part 2, because it doesn’t make sense for the actual film. Pattinson’s only other known film is already shot and coming out early next year/probably moves up into December. (Bong Joon Ho’s next film). So maybe he had another one that hasn’t been announced or it’s other cast members.

I think really it could just be they are launching their new cinematic universe next July, and maybe don’t want the next film to come out 3 months later not be part of said universe. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

He had a tough time with all the COVID delays on the first one, he’s also not the type to want to stick to franchises. His post Twilight career really took off by doing random projects he was excited by. But he’s signed on for two more.

Im curious what the delay is for. They say strike related stuff but that would probably mean other films had been pushed back which interfered with schedules for shooting part 2, because it doesn’t make sense for the actual film. Pattinson’s only other known film is already shot and coming out early next year/probably moves up into December. (Bong Joon Ho’s next film). So maybe he had another one that hasn’t been announced or it’s other cast members.

I think really it could just be they are launching their new cinematic universe next July, and maybe don’t want the next film to come out 3 months later not be part of said universe. 

Only other reason that I can think of at this point is the Penguin series isn't going to be on time, or they are having to pull people to wrap it up on time, causing this delay.  

It's DC.  Literally anything is possible anymore.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I think it mostly comes down to Reeves being a perfectionist, and the script not being ready. But not having it come out around the same time as the DCU starting is almost certainly a factor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 8:50 AM, JonStark said:

Probably shouldn't have signed up to be Batman then.

Bring back Batfleck and allow him to make his own movie like was originally planned?! I know, ship has sailed, but I can dream…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...