DC Movie Universe

devils1854

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Also because Robert Pattinson is a shrimp and Batman is not.

The Batman was not and is not as good as everyone says it is. We're 15 years on and Batman Begins still has a higher IMDB rating than The Batman.

The Batman was a fine movie, but Pattinson is not Bruce Wayne and he certainly isn't Batman.

I actually agree with you (for once). 

The Batman was a bad movie. I don't get the hype for it at all. 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 7:47 PM, D82 said:

I actually agree with you (for once). 

The Batman was a bad movie. I don't get the hype for it at all. 

If you dont like it, I completely respect that and even understand why you feel that way...but it was well made, and I thought Pattinson did pretty well as Batman (for the most part).   Hated his Bruce Wayne, but thats also on Reeves.

Given my somewhat low expectations going into it, I was pleasantly surprised.   Not as good as Batman Begins or Dark Knight, but I like it more than Rises and almost anything in the Snyderverse.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

If you dont like it, I completely respect that and even understand why you feel that way...but it was well made, and I thought Pattinson did pretty well as Batman (for the most part).   Hated his Bruce Wayne, but thats also on Reeves.

Given my somewhat low expectations going into it, I was pleasantly surprised.   Not as good as Batman Begins or Dark Knight, but I like it more than Rises and almost anything in the Snyderverse.

It has flaws, but I like it if for no other reason than it goes back to "detective" Batman, the one I grew up with in the comics in the late 70s through the mid to late 80s.  Batfleck is ok, but I appreciated the return to the Bats matching wits with The Riddler.  It definitely helped erase the Carrey version from my mind, which I hated (I loved Jim Carrey on In Living Color, then the Mask, but that's all he seemed to do in movies so it got stale really quick.  He destroyed the Riddler and made a clown of Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events).

I enjoyed The Batman on the first watch, it has some very cool stuff in it.  However, it really suffered on rewatch for me.  Even after the first watch I thought it was about 30-40 minutes too long.  On the rewatch I literally fell asleep, and I wasn't tired going in.  Never finished it then, haven't felt the urge to give it a try again since.  I have watched Batman Begins multiple times since then, lol.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

Wife and I went to Aquaman 2, Lost Kingdom.

I found it?  Entertaining.  Mamoa brings a lot to the character and I really liked his brother and the banter.

Plot was pretty good.  Action scenes were good.

The ending though, the final line was absolutely awful and everyone associated with the movie should be ashamed of themselves.

All in all, though, if you like this version of the AquMan and liked the first one, you should like this one maybe a little more.

Oh, we went opening weekend.  We were in a large theatre and it was about 2/3 full.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, August4th said:

new rumor has robin and Hush appearing in Batman 2. Hush is the main bad guy. Filming should start in the spring, so casting news is around the corner

Gunn squashed that rumor.

That would make no sense since Riddler in the first one was kind of a combination of Riddler and Hush.   Pretty sure there was even a reference to Hush in it.

They would be smarter going with a bigger named villain and something vastly different to Riddler.    Make Penguin a main villain with alot more power in the Gotham underworld, and maybe a villain like Deathstroke....although I kind of get the feeling they will save him for Gunns DCU Batman.

Just saw "The Flash", and straight up, it may be the worst movie in the Snyderverse.   Havent seen Aquaman 2 or Birds of Prey....but it gives Josstice League a run for its money.   

My disdain for Ezra Miller aside (both the person and his portrayal of Flash), this movie was absolutely atrocious in every way.   How do the CG effects looks SOOO bad with a budget this large?    The acting and dialogue were so embarrassingly cringey, and they absolutely wasted Michael Keaton.

Its hilarious how Hollywood idiots want more money considering the absolute dog **** they constantly churn out.    Everyone involved with that "babies falling from the sky" scene should never be allowed to work on another movie again, although it will keep happening because no one is hired based on actual qualifications anymore.

Seriously, just an absolute embarrassment from top to bottom with no real redeeming qualities.  🤮

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Just saw "The Flash", and straight up, it may be the worst movie in the Snyderverse.   Havent seen Aquaman 2 or Birds of Prey....but it gives Josstice League a run for its money.   

My disdain for Ezra Miller aside (both the person and his portrayal of Flash), this movie was absolutely atrocious in every way.   How do the CG effects looks SOOO bad with a budget this large?    The acting and dialogue were so embarrassingly cringey, and they absolutely wasted Michael Keaton.

Its hilarious how Hollywood idiots want more money considering the absolute dog **** they constantly churn out.    Everyone involved with that "babies falling from the sky" scene should never be allowed to work on another movie again, although it will keep happening because no one is hired based on actual qualifications anymore.

Seriously, just an absolute embarrassment from top to bottom with no real redeeming qualities.  🤮

I actually liked the flash and thought it was one of their better DCU movies.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Gunn squashed that rumor.

That would make no sense since Riddler in the first one was kind of a combination of Riddler and Hush.   Pretty sure there was even a reference to Hush in it.

They would be smarter going with a bigger named villain and something vastly different to Riddler.    Make Penguin a main villain with alot more power in the Gotham underworld, and maybe a villain like Deathstroke....although I kind of get the feeling they will save him for Gunns DCU Batman.

Hush would make sense if part of it is indeed him Learning to be Bruce again. But yeah can see why they’d go elsewhere.

Penguin & the gangs being a distraction, threatening what Bruce is trying to do as Bruce this time. Freeze as the 3rd act fight and Talia showing up…but I have my doubts theyll do it long enough to cash in on that with Damian.

I still like the idea of them making Freeze work in this universe. He’s a good character to stretch what can happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, 43M said:

I personally didn’t think it was THAT bad (granted, it wasn’t that good, either), but yeah, it definitely has its issues (which I already touched on) and the whole Ezra stuff made me not want to support it with my dollars, especially with the rumors of WB wanting to keep him after The Flash after firing Cavill. Because of course they (supposedly) were. 🤦‍♂️🤮

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t5bwz78yj8l4ea1aqg

I hope that psycho hill was worth dying on for WB with it and Aquaflop now shaping up to be huge bombs (it dropped to #4 this week behind animated birds and a Sydney Sweeney rom-com 🤣).

Edited by KManX89