DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Dont feel like posting all the pics, but all the set photos and costume designs for the new Superman look straight off of CW.   Cheap, ugly and lazy.    Even the Superman and Lois suit looked better.   Might look better on screen, but right now, its embarrassing for a movie that is probably gonna cost at least $200m.

43 minutes ago, 43M said:

Dont feel like posting all the pics, but all the set photos and costume designs for the new Superman look straight off of CW.   Cheap, ugly and lazy.    Even the Superman and Lois suit looked better.   Might look better on screen, but right now, its embarrassing for a movie that is probably gonna cost at least $200m.

Pretty much went like

~Sees Peacemaker suit~

Gunn “Spectacular, give me 14 of em right now”

visually I’m glad it will look different than the McU I suppose, something different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Is very matte and plain from afar

12 hours ago, 43M said:

Bro why are we complaining about set photos of *one suit* they have 3-5 different suits for different shoots. Stunt doubles have their own suit, lighting and indoor shots, outdoor shot suits, even then it's gonna be CGI'd and back in post. 

It's a suit taken with a grainy camera from like 200 feet away of course it's gonna look like ****.

Then again I just looked it up and it looks fine?

First off, I even said it MIGHT look better on screen. 

Secondly, I am "complaining" because it looks terrible...and so do the other costumes.   The colors are nice, but it looks like a cheap cosplay outfit.  It has bad stitching in places and looks pretty loose on parts.    By comparison...Henry Cavill's looked much better.   He looked like a superhero....not just like a guy dressing up like one for Comic Con.

Third, all of the set photos shown are Corenswet in the official uniform.  Even the official promotional photo Gunn posted made the suit look like pajamas.

Finally, Gunn is reportedly changing the suit after all the backlash.

I dont have enough faith in Gunns new DCU to be too invested, but Im still gonna say something looks bad if it does.   I praised the casting for the most part, but these costumes look pretty weak, especially the Supes outfit.

Time will tell.   Movie could still be good.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2024 at 7:11 PM, thrILL! said:

Wise choice.

Yeah....I think Gunn's DCU is going to flop pretty quickly.   I dont see them making more than 4 or 5 of their planned movies before WB ends it and starts selling off DC properties.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Yeah....I think Gunn's DCU is going to flop pretty quickly.   I dont see them making more than 4 or 5 of their planned movies before WB ends it and starts selling off DC properties.

Would be crazy if they sold them piecemeal Near Bankruptcy Marvel style.

I’m sure they’d get bidders for DC as a whole, but at that point some of those places would also probably just be interested in buying WBD as a whole. Like Amazon/MGM, Netflix or other big companies not in the content game the same way like Microsoft or Google.

Both of the former would want all the WBD content catalog to add to Prime or Netflix + rights to make more content with that stuff. Other two it gets them in the door to that stuff pretty easily.

Whenever it sells I agree, Gunnverse is probably cooked. Which is kinda why I’m fine with him going all these weird directions. For a lot of these properties it’ll be their only real shot to happen. Wether they’ll be good or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 9/12/2024 at 3:00 AM, Kiltman said:

Would be crazy if they sold them piecemeal Near Bankruptcy Marvel style.

As you pointed out, not likely. But if it were to happen that way and I were a Studio, Id pay a whole lot for just everything Batman, and really commit to everything a Gotham-verse can provide.

The problem has always been DC-Movies is trying to kick off an entire Universe before they even have their footing, and it will never work that way. Its always easy to look back now at Feige and the MCU, but it wasnt smooth sailing out of the blocks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As you pointed out, not likely. But if it were to happen that way and I were a Studio, Id pay a whole lot for just everything Batman, and really commit to everything a Gotham-verse can provide.

The problem has always been DC-Movies is trying to kick off an entire Universe before they even have their footing, and it will never work that way. Its always easy to look back now at Feige and the MCU, but it wasnt smooth sailing out of the blocks. 

Yeah, Batman is the only thing worth buying outright like that. Everything else, save for maybe the Lanterns, is better off together.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, Batman is the only thing worth buying outright like that. Everything else, save for maybe the Lanterns, is better off together.

I do think some really cool stuff could be made by creative people if it was pieced out (even more so than Marvel was) but unfortunately it will be just sent to the highest bidders if this situation presented itself.

In that scenario, Batman is the prized jewl, but Superman would be desired. Lanterns has enough that someone would want it. And maybe Wonder Woman and Flash would be worth something on their own. But these would likely have to be bundled in some ways, or have some crossover agreements depending how they were split up. (i.e. If Netflix gets Lanterns and Amazon scoops up enough to do a Justice Society, they could let them use Alan Scott, or a similar situation with The Flash and using Jay Gerrick)