DC Movie Universe

devils1854

3 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

It's because it's a special trailer they attached to IT. They released a teaser online and will likely release a full trailer within the next month, chill. 

edit: they said they wouldn't release the trailer online but it's been posted above.

Edited by kingseanjohn

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

edit: they said they wouldn't release the trailer online but it's been posted above.

A "leaked" trailer via a random YouTuber won't get the same traction as one publicly posted through their YouTube channel, so this is not sound marketing. 

There's only one reason why they would do this (or not do this rather) for a movie that's out in a few months. Everything points to it being a trainwreck.

6 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A "leaked" trailer via a random YouTuber won't get the same traction as one publicly posted through their YouTube channel, so this is not sound marketing. 

There's only one reason why they would do this (or not do this rather) for a movie that's out in a few months. Everything points to it being a trainwreck.

There is plenty to be worried about with BoP, but you are really stretching for this one.

Its literally a joke about Pennywise (creepy music, red balloons, Pennywise sounds and all) followed by like 12 seconds of smash cuts. Its not a trailer, you cant barely get any information out of it. They are just smartly using the popularity of IT and the Star Power of Margot Robbie to remind people how popular she was as Harley

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

There is plenty to be worried about with BoP, but you are really stretching for this one.

Its literally a joke about Pennywise (creepy music, red balloons, Pennywise sounds and all) followed by like 12 seconds of smash cuts. Its not a trailer, you cant barely get any information out of it. They are just smartly using the popularity of IT and the Star Power of Margot Robbie to remind people how popular she was as Harley

No, they said they will NOT be releasing the trailer (or rather, teaser) online and it will be shown exclusively in front of It Chapter 2 in theaters, which is questionable at best given that it comes out in February, less than 4 months away.

Not as questionable as the rumored subplot about:

Black Mask chasing a diamond full of his d--- picks from an underaged Cassandra Cain

though. Seriously, they had to have been high as a kite to think that THAT was a good idea if true.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

No, they said they will NOT be releasing the trailer (or rather, teaser) online and it will be shown exclusively in front of It Chapter 2 in theaters, which is questionable at best given that it comes out in February, less than 4 months away.

Reveal hidden contents

Black Mask chasing a diamond full of his d--- picks from an underaged Cassandra Cain

That's what he said...

The point is that the teaser only has, like, 12 seconds of footage. Your reaction of this proving it's awful and WB has no faith in it doesn't have any basis in reality. Someone earlier said they're doing this to save on their marketing budget...how exactly? How much does it cost to upload a video to YouTube?

11 hours ago, RaiderX said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is THAT looks NOTHING like this:

2d90b1ea8ceda5c779458ebf76f4610e.png

DCU is doing the same thing Fox did with Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. They’re pushing Margot Robbie/Harley to capitalize on her popularity and buzz even if it means force-feeding characters into storylines in ways that don’t make sense.  I’m not sure why they didn’t just make Harley the villain for BOP to capture. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

DCU is doing the same thing Fox did with Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. They’re pushing Margot Robbie/Harley to capitalize on her popularity and buzz even if it means force-feeding characters into storylines in ways that don’t make sense.  I’m not sure why they didn’t just make Harley the villain for BOP to capture. 

They actually work together a lot in recent years

I just don't get the logic behind even making a Birds of Prey movie at this point, when they can't even get fans to get excited for movies featuring the top DC characters. I know they've had some success with Aquaman, Wonder Woman and even Shazam... but an ensemble movie featuring characters most moviegoers know nothing about?

That's the kind of movie you come out with after you've gained fans Trust.  Suicide Squad made money because it had a bona fide A-list actor leading the cast, had Jared Leto as Joker which peaked curiosity, and I guarantee that Batman merely being in the trailers brought a lot of people out, even though he was hardly in it.

I like Margot Robbie, but she isn't even remotely close to the drawing power of Will Smith, and she is the biggest star in the movie along with Ewan McGregor, who has his share of box office bombs.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I just don't get the logic behind even making a Birds of Prey movie at this point, when they can't even get fans to get excited for movies featuring the top DC characters. I know they've had some success with Aquaman, Wonder Woman and even Shazam... but an ensemble movie featuring characters most moviegoers know nothing about?

That's the kind of movie you come out with after you've gained fans Trust.  Suicide Squad made money because it had a bona fide A-list actor leading the cast, had Jared Leto as Joker which peaked curiosity, and I guarantee that Batman merely being in the trailers brought a lot of people out, even though he was hardly in it.

I like Margot Robbie, but she isn't even remotely close to the drawing power of Will Smith, and she is the biggest star in the movie along with Ewan McGregor, who has his share of box office bombs.

I know the situations are different, but Iron Man was not a household name before 2008's flick. In fact, he was most certainly more obscure than Harley Quinn. In this case, they latched onto a character that got solid fan reactions played by an invested A-lister. I can see the logic.