2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, ya ya said:

if we pic Desmond Ridder QB at 53, what do you think we get for Love. A rod 1 maybe 2 yrs here, contract wise now would be a better time to draft future.

The worst idea I've seen all year. Let's draft a QB in the second?!

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

That may be likely but not a certianty. Especially depends on what you consider "a body". Greg, Davante, Cobb, James Jones, and Jordy all contributed some al beit not great compared to their prime years. Greg and James Jones especially because they had the most opportunitiy. 

That said, I think you're right that GB didn't get a guy in the 1st they will look for another vet to pair with the rookie(s) they do get.

I feel like the role they really need to replace in the draft is that of MVS since you're obviously not going to replace Adams. Basically it's run downfield really fast. That's luckily something you can ask a rookie to do. There's still at least a half dozen sub 4.4 guys available you can stick out there to run 9s.

5 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I feel like the role they really need to replace in the draft is that of MVS since you're obviously not going to replace Adams. Basically it's run downfield really fast. That's luckily something you can ask a rookie to do. There's still at least a half dozen sub 4.4 guys available you can stick out there to run 9s.

Yeah. Or Fuller.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I find the available FA's uninspiring. I suppose Landy's probably got the most juice left (and likelihood to stay healthy) and counting on player cuts - as a plan moving forward - is fraught with peril. 

Yes - special teams played a part - but our defense came through in the playoffs. It was the offense that was absent.

I posted a USA Today MD earlier and while it's all conjecture and bull**** - us coming out of the draft with WR1 being Tolbert is a fail IMO (given our needs) and them putting Pickens in a CHI uniform was nothing but mean spirited nastiness :)

There's hope there still....although the candle's close to flickering out.

In the playoffs two players caught 95% of our passes and we quit on the run game. It was predictable and bad from our QB and HC.

Enjoy this ride, cause it will be different, Rodgers won't have that option to stare down players. The offense will flow through the run game, play action and scheme designed to break coverage. This is a break from the football we've played the last 10 years. There's some dawgs on that defense (figuratively and literally) they're fast, aggressive and talented. We've got a more aggressive DC with a scheme that's the hottest in the NFL and won last years SB. This is the kind of off-season I needed to not say "next year is going to be the same as we've seen for the last decade."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

That's Pierce for me. He's a borderline 1st round talent in terms of the deep ball and is already better at locating and high pointing than MVS even is today. 

I'd love adding Pierce and then looking for a vet to round out our group. 

27 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm not so sure. Some people get off to the idea people getting upset. It's basically a political stance these days

He literally liked my post where I said it was sarcasm. No need to make it out to be more than it was 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In the playoffs two players caught 95% of our passes and we quit on the run game. It was predictable and bad from our QB and HC.

Enjoy this ride, cause it will be different, Rodgers won't have that option to stare down players. The offense will flow through the run game, play action and scheme designed to break coverage. This is a break from the football we've played the last 10 years. There's some dawgs on that defense (figuratively and literally) they're fast, aggressive and talented. We've got a more aggressive DC with a scheme that's the hottest in the NFL and won last years SB. This is the kind of off-season I needed to not say "next year is going to be the same as we've seen for the last decade."

We'll see.

I dont have a problem with building a good defense. Stupid I'm not - but we've a *glaring hole* at WR - have had one for years (plastered over by Davante's presence) and Gute's not addressed it - yet. 

We had the Three Amigos from the lower ranks back when. MVS gave us some juice - perhaps more than was expected. The other two disappeared - and that was that. We got some Funchess fun of recent - but that was a huge nothing - and that was that.

We've had "Well the board didnt fall right....." reasoning already for not bolstering the WR room - so it's sat untouched. Oh well.

Put us in the bind of having to pay Davante stupid money and (potentially) carrying the highest paid QB & WR on the same roster. That's no way to run a railroad. Thank god he had other plans and walked. Too bad - as a result of not drafting guys......we didnt have a more viable candidate to step up to the plate in his abscence (and yes....I know we're all expecting / hoping for a huge increase in production from Lazard. I hope that's right)

We'll see how it plays out. I'll hope for the best...but I tire of missed opportunities - or opportunities not taken.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Such a joke.  First night I moved here I stopped at a gas station for a 6 pack and immediately regretted my decision coming here. 

Wawa's got you now though... took a century to get closer to modern times, but we're getting there. Soon you'll be able to buy beer, gas, bootleg boner pills, and a meatball classic all at the same location.