2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

I actually really like the pick, but thought Johnson was better value at a more needy position.  NFL teams so far disagree I guess.  They will have a variety of ways to use hi, but he’s another 3 down inside guy we now have inside

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

they might be better pure MLBs, but feel like Quay fits better for us. more of a utility guy, can be used as as a rusher and moved around as well as lining up as a regular ILB

Of course. We have a plan and that's obvious. He's a special athlete and a perfect fit next to Campbell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

I would venture a guess they think this guy can be effective rushing on the blitz/pressure packages.

No rule he has to play ILB in nickle.

I think this is possible.   Reading a bit on The Draft Network, they note he has some usage at EDGE in pressure situations.   

Versatility: Walker offers positional and alignment versatility. 322 snaps came at linebacker in the box but he has multiple snaps on the defensive line. Also, he is comfortable in space and aligns as a slot corner. His athleticism allows him to move around the defense and impact the game.

• Like 2