Pick 1 - #13 Overall - DT Jordan Davis

Kiltman

On 5/14/2022 at 1:15 AM, Kiltman said:

I guess awful QB play or mostly getting our QBs second hand helped…but yeah that’s rough.

was talking to my dad about it with Embiid, like when he’s healthy no one can stop him… and like when was the last Philly player that was THAT good and that on top of things?

Like probably TO for a year in 2004, Iverson was awesome but not sure if you’d put him in that category. I guess Roy Halladay when he got here…but pitchers don’t really count as much with the rotation.

Off topic but I only recently started following the NBA a few weeks before the harden trade since it's the offseason. I've felt and dealt with it since forever being an eagles fan that people really don't like our fanbase within the nfl, but holy hell it seems like it's on another level for the sixers and the NBA. Reading stuff on how people feel about the sixers is nearly as bad as how people feel about the cowboys over there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No reason other then Politics that Reggie shouldn't of won DPOY!!! How in the F, do you have 13 sacks in 13 gms and not Win it all? Seriously,  politics asides? For a Scrub????

That dude had a great year for a rookie. Was like second in tackles, had 6 sacks or so. That’s an amazing year for a “scrub”. 

What politics do you think were involved? I think it’s just the simple fact that he missed 3 weeks. Embiid lost the MVP last year because he missed games. Availability and all that. 

Edited by Jroc04

5 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Off topic but I only recently started following the NBA a few weeks before the harden trade since it's the offseason. I've felt and dealt with it since forever being an eagles fan that people really don't like our fanbase within the nfl, but holy hell it seems like it's on another level for the sixers and the NBA. Reading stuff on how people feel about the sixers is nearly as bad as how people feel about the cowboys over there.

Not exactly sure what you’re referring to but, around the league, the “process” or basically tanking put a sour taste in others mouths. We purposefully tanked for about 4 years or so to get the best picks. Teams have done it before, (San Antonio lost David Robinson to an injury and tanked the year resulting in them drafting Tim Duncan, changing the history of the NBA) but not with so much defiance and brashness. Sam Heinke was our GM and a genius. He wasn’t necessarily a basketball guy just an overall intellect. Dude wrote a manifesto after he “retired”. Either way, it wasn’t traditional and it rubbed people the wrong way. I don’t know why fans, in particular, would have such a hard time. But I understand basketball purists and other GMs and teams around the league. But it became fashionable to hate us. Also, Joel is a self proclaimed troll. He’s smart and funny and usually gets the best of people on and off the court. I can see why people would hate on us. We’re an easy cheer-to-lose team with everything involved. 

52 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That dude had a great year for a rookie. Was like second in tackles, had 6 sacks or so. That’s an amazing year for a “scrub”. 

What politics do you think were involved? I think it’s just the simple fact that he missed 3 weeks. Embiid lost the MVP last year because he missed games. Availability and all that. 

I’d be curious if Reggie playing in the USFL had anything to do with it. Technically having been drafted in 1984 (supplemental draft) but not playing til 1985 in the NFL.

But yeah the guy who Olson had a solid argument for it

im sure someone who was around back then would know more.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’d be curious if Reggie playing in the USFL had anything to do with it. Technically having been drafted in 1984 (supplemental draft) but not playing til 1985 in the NFL.

But yeah the guy who Olson had a solid argument for it

im sure someone who was around back then would know more.

He was def eligible. But yea, maybe the voters held it against him. Still though, Duane Bickett was a good NFL player for a long time. He wasn’t a slouch. He may have had one of his best years as a rookie but deserved the award. Reggie started 12, played in 13 games that year. Im sure that had a lot to do with it. 

On 5/11/2022 at 8:48 PM, Jroc04 said:

With the right LBs, (hopefully they brought them in) this defense could be a nightmare. Davis is just going to be a handful while others hunt around him. Exciting stuff. 

Him and Davion Taylor will be a stupid fast coverage pair. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Davion is gonna have to earn his spot. We brought in White who is good in coverage and much more experienced.

Hope he does. Got a ton a signed auto cards of his. That would be a nice grab. I usually buy mid/later round guys of the eagles every draft class. I buy a bunch and cross my fingers. If not they typically sell for my money back at worst

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Davion is gonna have to earn his spot. We brought in White who is good in coverage and much more experienced.

A shame Davion got hurt last year he had actually started playing pretty well the few weeks before it happened.

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hope he does. Got a ton a signed auto cards of his. That would be a nice grab. I usually buy mid/later round guys of the eagles every draft class. I buy a bunch and cross my fingers. If not they typically sell for my money back at worst

Nice 👌🏻

Sounds like a pretty risk free strategy.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A shame Davion got hurt last year he had actually started playing pretty well the few weeks before it happened.

Yeah man we overdrafted him a bit to make sure we got him and he’s a hell of an athlete, but he’s just been banged up a lot and getting practice and game reps is vital to developing. Hopefully we hear good things in camp. I’m looking forward to our LB room for the first time since Hicks and Bradham and I’m more excited for the guys we have now.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

18 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Scrub wasn't the appropriate word but

16 gms 141 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FR, 1 INT

13 gms 100 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 FR

While I definitely think the voters held the 13gms against Reggie, I also believe choosing the USFL and starting the 85 season not in the NFL by choice, absolutely skewed the voting as well.

Edited by Nabbs4u

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nice 👌🏻

Sounds like a pretty risk free strategy.

Yeah man we overdrafted him a bit to make sure we got him and he’s a hell of an athlete, but he’s just been banged up a lot and getting practice and game reps is vital to developing. Hopefully we hear good things in camp. I’m looking forward to our LB room for the first time since Hicks and Bradham and I’m more excited for the guys we have now.

A bit? He was grossly overdrafted. 

That second day was full of reaches but Davion Taylor should have been like a 5th rounder. The guy didn't create a turnover in his whole college career IIRC. 

He looked competent last year but with this team's LB corps, we get surprised with something resembling starter level of play. He should be relegated to the bench and ST no doubt. It's a shame but that's where it is at the moment. 

I still have PTSD from that 2020 draft.