With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

MikeT14

What grade do you give the pick and trade?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the trade. #11 for #16, #98, #120

2. 2. Grade the pick at #16 - Jahan Dotson

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean AJ Brown has had knee issues back too college. He’s elite. But if they wonder about his long term avalibility when the last two years he’s had nagging knee things that’s not something you want to be married too if it’s a genuine concern. Terry isn’t just special on the field you have his mental off and that is what makes you say okay. Terry has been producing with the likes of Keemun, one leg Alex, Taylor, Kyle Allen. When a guy works his tail off doesn’t complain and talks about his teammates and plays like him you pay that guy. He’s a true leader and Captain. He’s a guy you can win with and we are lucky he’s the guy these young WR’s get to line up and grow with.

Brown also benefitted from defenses selling out to stop the run. I don't think he's gonna like where he's going as much as a result of more focus on him by defenses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danger said:

gnkjB1W.png

Just saying.

If Derrick Henry had a Mobile QB and if he plays all year they aren’t behind anyone on that list. Hurts is a really good weapon he def has Smith and Brown they should be pretty dynamic they’ve made good moves

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If Derrick Henry had a Mobile QB and if he plays all year they aren’t behind anyone on that list. Hurts is a really good weapon he def has Smith and Brown they should be pretty dynamic they’ve made good moves

I don't think Hurts is going to be the long term answer, but I still think we could see a pretty substantial jump this year.

The optimistic me is thinking like

3700 Yards, 63% completion, 24 TD 15 INT

With similar ground numbers to last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't think Hurts is going to be the long term answer, but I still think we could see a pretty substantial jump this year.

I could see that. Then Hurts will throw in 500-700 yards rushing and at least a handful of TDs if not 10 again too. Between rushing and passing he’s going to account for a lot of yards & TDs like running backs like him usually do.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I wouldn’t doubt him. He’s got really good stuff upstairs. Been doubted everywhere so I don’t see him going down without a fight!!!

• Like 1

So final results of the trade:

Washington Receives: #16 (WR Jahan Dotson), #98 (RB Brian Robinson Jr.), #144 (QB Sam Howell), #149 (TE Cole Turner)
New Orleans Saints Receives: #10 (WR Chris Olave)
Carolina Panthers Receives: #120 (LB Brandon Smith) #189 (yet to pick)

Thoughts from everyone?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

So final results of the trade:

Washington Receives: #16 (WR Jahan Dotson), #98 (RB Brian Robinson Jr.), #144 (QB Sam Howell), #149 (TE Cole Turner)
New Orleans Saints Receives: #10 (WR Chris Olave)
Carolina Panthers Receives: #120 (LB Brandon Smith) #189 (yet to pick)

Thoughts from everyone?

Gotta add in the Hamilton/Williams opportunity costs as well.

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm sold on this young man.

Right out of movie "Draft Day"...love it!

I was trying to say when we drafted this guy he has the mental you want. I do a lot of work not just watching tape but I try to watch campus interviews and as much interview work as I can because guys that burnt me in years prior. When I heard this guy literally carry’s a ball with him everywhere because he said he always wants to be ready for the ball to be in his hands plus his last two years tape I actually ranked him as a blue chip guy in this class. So I’m not surprised at this report.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

There is absolutely no way in hell they sent their playbook to random people 

Why can’t they every team has similar variations and week in and out you change the calls signals but the concepts are very similar for each team. I’m sure they didn’t put in their highlights or their player specific alignments. But there’s no difference the mooch giving a QB a play with a name and asking a prospect what the read is or responsibility is of each player. I’m 100% sure it’s not the team training camp playbook but teams do send basic play sheets out and check in randomly to quiz guys I’ve def heard of this.