With the 16th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

MikeT14

What grade do you give the pick and trade?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the trade. #11 for #16, #98, #120

2. 2. Grade the pick at #16 - Jahan Dotson

Not super excited, but if he is consistent and reliable on his routes, I think it will work.  The silver lining to me on this is I thought they would do something like this at 11.  At least the got a 3rd and a 4th out of it.  Now we made a good faith effort to improve the skill posititions, we can be free to go BPA...aside from DL.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Also, the trade back the Vikings got for 12 was ridiculous compared to what we got at 11. 

This is where a real GM would be ideal. 

Really????? I think the Vikings trade was awful lol. My good buddy, who is a Vikings fan, and I were laughing about how it was worse than ours 

• Like 3

Have to see what we do with the the other 2 Picks we got at moment it hard to handle passing on Jamieson Williams or Kyle Hamilton, but if we did something like Marcus Jones and Pierre Strong or Jelani Woods D'Marco Jackson.It'll prob improve what I think of this pick.

Knee jerk reaction 16 felt too high for Dotson, Woulda liked more Size at wr but in todays nfl I think he a good Weapon with Great Hands and smart route running.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It feels like we drafted Curtis Samuel even though we already have Curtis Samuel.

This is my biggest issue with the pick and also why I wanted a guy like Drake London at WR.

Can we trade Samuel?  Eat his contract, get a 2nd. (baltimore maybe)

Edited by offbyone

Vikings return >> Our return

I don’t think it’s even particularly close. Neither chart thinks it’s close either, and they’re based on normal drafts where it’s not comparatively weak at the top. 

98 and 120 are both longshots. They walked away with 3 picks in the strongest value area of this draft. We got Jahan Dotson and…a couple guys who we’ll just be hoping see the field at some point. I’m a big fan of trading down, but we took it right on the chin on this one today — worthy risk, maybe, but damn it turned out pretty badly. 

• Like 3