Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Still not sure what to make of this one. He has modern LB skills with his blitz and coverage ability. That, combined with his athleticism is exciting. But he looks like he's a high tackler, which concerns me a bit in the NFL. Will be fun to see our defense with legitimate ILBs who can blitz, though.

I think it’s hard for a 6’4 guy to look like he’s tackling low- Campbell has the same “look” to his tackling.  The speed and arm length are going to be massive upgrades for this defense.  I think this was a swing at a Micah Parsons kind of player (athletic profile/hybrid flexibility), which I think is the next trend for NFL defenses as they try to combat the Shanahan/McVay/LaFleur offenses.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

This reminds me of drafting Josh Jones at safety. Great athlete, bad football player. Having Gary pan out emboldened these dumb ***** to draft ****ty football players who test well. 

Someone hasn't done any research.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

This reminds me of drafting Josh Jones at safety. Great athlete, bad football player. Having Gary pan out emboldened these dumb ***** to draft ****ty football players who test well. 

Might be the worst comp of this draft cycle.  I'd suggest you go back and watch him again.

• Like 1