Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

That's great, they're 5-wide and it looks as though they took Walker/Tindall off the field for a DB. Dean HAS to be a DB in that scenario. I never said 0, he logged 6% of his snaps in the slot/wide. He's not a space player, there's a reason guy didn't do any athletic testing, he was advised not to according the the scouts in McGinn's article. Looks 4.7 all day.

Great college player, great person from everything I read, will need the perfect fit to make it in the NFL. Walker was clearly the LB you want from that team if you're drafting for the pro game. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

The biggest takeaway of Georgia D and this draft is how many people don't have a clue that every player doesn't get to do whatever they want every snap just to get on highlight reels. And this isn't about this thread or anyone in it, just a lot of the stuff I've watched and read the last week of two cramming for it. I talked about it before we even drafted any of them.

I've tried to tell people this when it came to Jordan Davis, but that requires people to think and use context rather than looking at everything as black and white.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He covers WR's while spending 94% of his snaps in the box? That's an interesting assignment. I'm through Clemson, Arkansas and Kentucky games, he hasn't covered a receiver yet, that's Walker. Dean gets to pickup the back leaking out of the backfield. 

Maybe this will change as I get into late games, but I doubt it, he's their box LB. 

I watched those three games aswell as a couple others. Did you come away thinking you'd be willing to spend #22 on him?

What are your thoughts on him splitting so many snaps with Tindall? Is CT that much better of a run defender that they put him in for Quay on obvious run plays? Genuinely curious to hear what you think.

I didn't say he wasn't limited. He's not an elite athlete and he doesn't have great size or length. I loved him, but even I wasn't expecting him in Green Bay for the reasons everyone knows about the guys Gute drafts.

But I would have no problem betting on him being a very successful linebacker in the NFL. He's borderline absurd in play diagnosis, and he's a natural in pass coverage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I didn't say he wasn't limited. He's not an elite athlete and he doesn't have great size or length. I loved him, but even I wasn't expecting him in Green Bay for the reasons everyone knows about the guys Gute drafts.

But I would have no problem betting on him being a very successful linebacker in the NFL. He's borderline absurd in play diagnosis, and he's a natural in pass coverage. 

Any chance you're ReasonablySober from RealGM?

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I watched those three games aswell as a couple others. Did you come away thinking you'd be willing to spend #22 on him?

What are your thoughts on him splitting so many snaps with Tindall? Is CT that much better of a run defender that they put him in for Quay on obvious run plays? Genuinely curious to hear what you think.

College is politics, especially with the transfer portal in play. Tindall absolutely deserved to play. They sub out Davis, Wyatt and T-Walk a lot too. They've got a kid (#88) who may be better than all 3 of them. Doesn't seem like situational substitutions. Looks like Quay gets 2 series, then Tindall gets 1 (at least through the first 3-4 games). 

I put a 2nd round grade on Quay, with a knock down for being a non-premium position. If the Packers with Barry in charge now consider ILB a premium position, I can absolutely see why Quay got a 1st round grade. He looks A LOT like De'Vondre. 

49 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

What are your thoughts on him splitting so many snaps with Tindall?

That Tindall is damn good too and will be a day 2 NFL draft pick. Same with Davis, Wyatt, and Carter. If you have three day 1 or 2 picks at a position, it's not surprising that they rotated.

Edited by TheEagle

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's great, they're 5-wide and it looks as though they took Walker/Tindall off the field for a DB. Dean HAS to be a DB in that scenario. I never said 0, he logged 6% of his snaps in the slot/wide. He's not a space player, there's a reason guy didn't do any athletic testing, he was advised not to according the the scouts in McGinn's article. Looks 4.7 all day.

Great college player, great person from everything I read, will need the perfect fit to make it in the NFL. Walker was clearly the LB you want from that team if you're drafting for the pro game. 

CFB is his life and he posted one snap.

Get rekt Ray