Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's cause there is more to your life than computers @Norm, you were probably doing something dumb like breating fresh air outside. 

I do have the back door behind my office area open. So maybe that counts

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love that he's keeping #7. 

NFL only fans getting up in arms over jersey numbers is one of my new favorite game day thread things

12 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

In passing situations he was lining up as the DE on a 4 man defensive line quite a bit.

49 snaps on the LOS according to PFF, 90 snaps in the slot, 7 snaps at corner, 465 snaps in the box.

114 pass rushing snaps yielding 25 pressures, 198 run defense snaps, 299 coverage snaps

16 run stops, 13 coverage stops, 13.6% pass rush win rate, 4.3% missed tackle rate (3rd best in the country)

I found all this with a computer. @Norm

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Was anybody surprised we took Walker over Devin Lloyd?  I had assumed Lloyd would have been off the board by then, so perhaps some teams removed him from their boards for some reason.  

Lloyd will be 24 when the season kicks off. That might be why. Walker is 22 and a similar athletic profile...always go with higher upside in this case.

Wyatt on the other hand is the best remaining in his position and far superior athlete so being 24 is not a deal breaker in this instance.

Edited by Chili