Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Fields next year.

CavernousNeedyCob-size_restricted.gif

This is the first time I've really questioned what Poles is doing. I understood not going after big offensive names in FA but I expected him to at least address offense early in the draft to help our young QB out a bit. Wtf is going on?

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I get safety, but NOT CB, at least there. 

I'm coming to think they're signing a WR...

CB is more valuable position and we lacked a good #2 opposite Jaylon. We had some decent options at safety already. Just a weird pick man

• Like 2

Just now, soulman said:

The upside is we should now have another starting S to pair with Jackson and also a hedge against our trading or releasing Jackson next year.  

Yeah, pretty clear Jackson has been properly tabbed as the bum that he is.

Hard to argue with that. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

CB is more valuable position and we lacked a good #2 opposite Jaylon. We had some decent options at safety already. Just a weird pick man

Yeah, I kinda misspoke before..."decent options" is a good way of putting it. 

But, we didn't really have a good quality starter. So, it makes sense to me.  

4 minutes ago, soulman said:

The value of both picks shouldn't be questioned.  Only why Poles opted to fill needs on defense first.  The upside is we should now have another starting S to pair with Jackson and also a hedge against our trading or releasing Jackson next year.  Gordon is a solid CB from a program that produces CB like Iowa produces OL.

Like it or not, this is how good franchises draft. They don’t look to fill holes, they just accumulate talent.

And I’ll say it again, we needed talent everywhere. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RTD said:

Only one OG has been drafted, `Strange, by the Pats. Good WRs will still be there when we pick in R5. He is picking BPA and building the core. RELAX......

Actually three; Green, Jonhson, Strange and four if Tyler Smith is counted as an OG.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

MM90 on suicide watch

Not really man...I would have loved to add the talent no doubt...but it's clear something is off somewhere for him to have fallen this far...just hope at #71 there is a WR left