With the 86th pick the Titans select QB Malik Willis

615finest

Just now, TitanSS said:

Our late 3rd round pick was projected to go before our 1st round pick lol.

Which is even more impressive when you also note that we (mostly) all wanted the player we took in the first and he was a consensus 1st round projected player as well...unlike Wilson lol

I hope we fully embrace the way we need to use the two skill players we just drafted. Please do not use Treylon Burks as a traditional WR or Malik Willis as a traditional QB.

Lots of screens and motion for Burks and snaps out of the backfield. Give him a role similar to what he had in Arkansas or what Deebo was doing in San Fran along with targets off play-action to scheme separation so he run after the catch.

Take from what Baltimore did for Lamar as well as what Houston did for Watson and create an offense around that for Malik. The play-action crossers can still be a big part of it. The read-option with everyone keying on Henry should be amazing and could be seen before he's ready to be the starter.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I like the pick. I’m excited about the potential. But as I watch more, man I can’t help but think about the way you guys dogged Tannehill for taking sacks. Because man does Willis take some truly terrible ones.

even watching the short cutup from the senior bowl i was like man, this guy hangs onto the ball forever lol. that's certainly shades of deshaun watson though, and we know kelly and o'hara have dealt with that before. so hopefully they can work a little magic.

and ultimately, the thing is, if willis doesn't work out, a late 3rd is a price i'm willing to pay.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I like the pick. I’m excited about the potential. But as I watch more, man I can’t help but think about the way you guys dogged Tannehill for taking sacks. Because man does Willis take some truly terrible ones.

Oh yeah his bad plays are really bad. Like not worthy of being drafted bad. I just hope the fan base doesn't start calling for him to start at any point this season if RT starts to struggle

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The arm and the athleticism though. It’s just undeniable. Entirely up to the coaching staff to build on it.