With the 86th pick the Titans select QB Malik Willis

615finest

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Eh, I don’t think Tanny is too worried. He knows, like everyone else, that Willis isn’t ready to start, and probably needs at least a year, when Tanny’s time would be up anyway if he doesn’t put on a great season.

If he puts up a great season, then he knows his job is safe anyway. Late third rounder isn’t going to push him until he struggles.

So week 1? 😂

I'm gonna be honest, I hardly watch any college ball these days, but watching these highlights makes me feel very . . . optimistic?  What I'm gathering from this is he can absorb some contact and not shatter, like Mariota did, and he seems like he's even initiating the contact at times.

Which I love.

Pls be qb of the future thx

man, he is just so raw. basically no tape of him throwing with anticipation because liberty's offense pretty much never asked him to do it. meanwhile, tons of examples of him straight up ignoring wide-open reads (yikes) but then freelancing and doing something spectacular (not-yikes). 

I like him...I think he can be special.

My concern with mid round QB talent is the trade bait factor.

They said they wanted to do that with Jalen in Philly but the Wentz train derailed.

Point is teams can draft QBs with no intention of ever starting them. Just develop them and acquire picks.

Not saying that's what JROB is doing but he's not going to say that's where his mind was when he made the pick.

Us trading up to get him tells me no...but somebody was going to take him. 

All it tells me is there are teams that wanted Malik Willis but nobody was willing to pick him any higher.

Edited by capton_cutclass

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

man, he is just so raw. basically no tape of him throwing with anticipation because liberty's offense pretty much never asked him to do it. meanwhile, tons of examples of him straight up ignoring wide-open reads (yikes) but then freelancing and doing something spectacular (not-yikes). 

I honestly think there’s a chance we keep Woodside as QB2 for this year and hold three QBs. He needs a full redshirt year for growth.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I honestly think there’s a chance we keep Woodside as QB2 for this year and hold three QBs. He needs a full redshirt year for growth.

yeah, i'm sure parts of the fanbase will freak out about it but there's a very real shot he isn't QB2. definition of a project player.

His tape looked interesting.  From what I saw he is not totally unplayable at this point. The key about how he might develop into QB2 is how smart he is and able to learn our O. I hope we don't see him take off and run too much in Preseason.  One thing that stands out from what I saw is when they say he has a cannon for a arm, boy does he and it is very accurate especially on those long throws. If he can learn to trust the process, make the reads and the correct throws while not panicking into running all the time he will be a very good starting QB in this league.

here's a question for everyone:

what do you think we do if ryan tannehill...

A. returns to 2019-2020 form this year, leads the team to the playoffs while putting up strong numbers, but underperforms in the playoffs again?

B. returns to 2019-2020 form this year, leads the team to the playoffs while putting up strong numbers, AND leads the team on a deep playoff run while balling out?

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

A. returns to 2019-2020 form this year, leads the team to the playoffs while putting up strong numbers, but underperforms in the playoffs again?

B. returns to 2019-2020 form this year, leads the team to the playoffs while putting up strong numbers, AND leads the team on a deep playoff run while balling out?

It depends on Willis progression in all honesty. Me personally I think he’s 2 yrs away from being ready to start. He needs his mechanics fix, how to operate in a pro style offense, go through his progression & ball placement 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

A. I've heard we save over $10M in cap if we release him after this year.  So in this scenario, I think a release is quite possible but it would depend on Malik's trajectory.  If he's a trainwreck in practice, we likely consider bringing RT back for 2023.

B. No way we turn it over to Malik in this scenario.