93-49ers select Tyron Davis-Price RB lol

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, John232 said:

I really thought in the 4th or 5th I would see this. Wilson could get cut, but he’s always injured anyways same with hast but he’s small, sermon didn’t suit up, Mitchell was not an iron man and likely won’t be..like I get it..but cmon…

apprently he has some receiving chops too…

Personally, I was really looking to replacing Hasty. He never really developed into anything more than he was as a rookie. He's the third down guy? But what value does he really bring. He's a solid pass catcher, but he's rarely used. He's not that great at the outside zone. And I think that's one of the things that hurt us, last year, after losing Mostert. No one was really good at the outside zone. The thinking was that Mitchell should be good at it, because he ran a 4.3, but in reality, he likes to cut it inside as soon as he can. He's a very good inside zone runner, but average at best on the outside. Even his better outside gains came from cutting inside initially, then breaking it outside at the second level. So, we really suffered from a lack of outside zone early last year, until... Deebo. Now, this Tyrion (although, not Lannister), looks very much like another inside zone guy, to go along our inside zone Mitchell, and our most likely inside man Trey Sermon. I've always really liked Jeff Wilson, but seeing how he was used after he returned last year, I don't feel like he's really a guy to lean on. So, who's going to stretch it horizontally? Hasty? No thanks. Mitchell? I'd like to see it, but I don't think he has that kind of patience and vision. Will we see a lot more jet sweeps than we saw last year, kinda like 2019-20, when we ran a lot of those? Danny Gray? More Deebo? Ray Ray? I'm afraid the inability to replace what Mostert did for us will hurt us. BUT! We may also entirely change the dimensionality of this offense. Instead of stretching it horizontally to open it up vertically, we may stretch it up a lot more vertically to open it up horizontally. If Lance is good at going deep and intermediate along the sidelines (throws Jimmy couldn't make), the flats will be wide open for swing passes and off tackle runs. We'll see...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, John232 said:

kyle must legit hate everyone not named jeff wilson and mitchell in our RB room. 

Honestly, I don't think he has much confidence in Wilson either. I know people are completely down on Sermon but I've said all along that he was drafted to play with Lance and the inside zone will be utilized more. Davis-Price has good burst but it seems like he did a lot of damage on the inside zone runs as well. 

Mitchell became a bigger receiving threat late last season and he could be our 3rd down back. 

Ideally, our three backs should be Mitchell, Davis-Price and Sermon. 

• Like 3

What?! You mean Sermon may not be the red-headed stepchild he was last year?! I always liked Sermon--was surprised they picked him, though!

This Davis-Price dude...I like the fact that Simms likes him so much. Simms is an arrogant SOB, but there are some prospects he assesses correctly. Hope this is one. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, N4L said:

@oldman9er are you still an LSU fan? Let us know what you think of this kid 

I am, but a useless casual one. Other than remembering him rotating in for some snaps, I can't recall his style or provide insight on him. I don't remember being super high or low on him.  I guess I wouldn't have expected him to be selected so early. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47awpg5bbm212vbxm4b8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, burlow said:

Last years LSU team was just an overall confusing team, they had 3-4 games where the O-Line could not function but still had a guard go in the 2nd.

ah yes, THIS. 

really hated the OL, for the most part.. though mainly the pass pro and young QB indecision.