Round 7 Pick 249; Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I wish we could get adequate compensation for David. That would make this much easier imo

If medicals check out, I think we could get a 2nd for him. We're eating 21m of his contract if we trade him so trading team would be getting an elite LT

But again that's if the medicals check out. And that's a big IF

Bak's medicals checked out last season.  He was "finally healthy" heading into week 1.  He was done for the year by week 2. 

Nobody is giving a premium pick for Bak.  I'd be shocked to even get a 4th unless Gute agrees to eat a large chunk of Bak's remaining deal (he won't)

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

I get that Bahktiari was been a great LT.  Has Walker improved over the last several weeks?  How many of Walker sacks allowed are in the last 6-8 weeks?

Looking at PFF...

Week 12: 0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 hurry, 1  pressure

Week 13: 0 sacks, 0 hits, 3 hurries, 3 pressures

Week 14: 1 sack, 0 hits, 1 hurry, 2 pressures

Week 15: 0 sacks, 1 hit, 0 hurries, 1 pressure

Week 16: 0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 hurry, 1 pressure

Week 17: 0 sacks, 0 hits, 2 hurries, 2 pressures

Week 18: 1 sack, 0 hits, 1 hurry, 2 pressures

Week 19 (WC): 0 sacks, 0 hits, 0 hurries, 0 pressures  (Wow)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

If medicals check out, I think we could get a 2nd for him. We're eating 21m of his contract if we trade him so trading team would be getting an elite LT

But again that's if the medicals check out. And that's a big IF

We're eating 19 million in a pro-rated bonus. The acquiring team is on the hook for 21.5 million for one year if he hit his roster and per game bonus money. 20.2 million if he's on the roster day 1 of the regular season. Bak is going to want to immediately get an extension with new money from the acquiring team. 

There is no 2nd round pick coming our way, regardless of what the medicals say. 

Could Joe Douglass, the Jets Assistant GM, flip us a late round pick for him so they don't have to compete on the open market sure. That is very unlikely, even if the Jets real GM wants it done. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Walker allowed 6 sacks this year, Bakh has allowed 7, in his last 4500 snaps.

It's easy to put Walker on the bench for a HOF LT, so long as the medicals are trending the right way. 

Dude has had a fantastic career.  Nobody is denying that.    What have you done lately?

At 33 yrs old and after 3 yrs of constant injury, 13/50 regular season games 0/3 playoff games 5/1000 practices (don't know the official number here so hyperbole reigns)  5? surgeries and multiple offseasons declaring medicals trending the right way - you are feeling confident that this is the year he finally puts it all back together?    Feeling good this is the year he maybe gets in a practice?    

And you are comfortable with this in two months at the start of the league year and free agency when we have to decide how to apply $21mil

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I wish we could get adequate compensation for David. That would make this much easier imo

What is adequate for a player who hasn't played fully in years and is due a bunch of money?

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What is adequate for a player who hasn't played fully in years and is due a bunch of money?

Trent Williams got traded for a 3rd and a 5th at 32 yrs old after coming back from cancer and refusing to play for the Redskins. Bakh played 11 games last year and missed 4 of those games for appendicitis, not the knee. I think we're undervaluing Bakh's trade value. If medicals check out, team is getting an elite LT with us eating a good portion of money. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Trent Williams got traded for a 3rd and a 5th at 32 yrs old after coming back from cancer and refusing to play for the Redskins. Bakh played 11 games last year and missed 4 of those games for appendicitis, not the knee. I think we're undervaluing Bakh's trade value. If medicals check out, team is getting an elite LT with us eating a good portion of money. 

What am i missing?

EDIT: I see.  You meant 2022 (not 2023)  I was already thinking of the 2023 season as in the past.

Edited by Mazrimiv

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nobody read the article of what was actually wrong with Bakh apparently. 

This ticks me off. I listen to these sports talk show “talents” talking about poopy and peepee and teasing each other like middle schoolers and I can’t find out that there has been good new stuff on David’s knee? 

Cliff notes pleez!

52 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Who when plays is still absolutely dominant .

If he comes back healthy he’s one of if not the best LTs in the game. Who knows if he does but it’s complicated 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

did Gute find a stud pass-block OT in the 7th round?

MLF has an easy assingment Pass Pro. Love has been getting the ball out. The Packers just dont get sacked, regardless who is in (as long as they have some NFL talent)

Like both of the Bengals QB's got sacked nearly as many times as Jordan. It's not like Jonah Williams and Orlando Brown cant play.