The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

21 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I haven't watched Iron Man 2 in ages. Gotta begrudgingly go back one of these days :)

It’s much better than ppl give it credit for. 

If there’s gonna be anyone replacing Tony, expect it to be Riri Williams. 

Edited by thrILL!
🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

That didn’t stop Rhodey from stealing Tony’s other suit in IM2. Of course, that was ridiculous. He never would’ve been able to get that thing on much less know what to do if he could.  They should’ve alluded to him having used it before. 

The other night watching Endgame my wife asked how Pepper could even be in the final battle. Even with Tony having tailored it to her, she has no combat experience in it.  She would’ve died very early in that fight.  

What cracks me up watching these movies again is seeing how these heroes with masks or helmets are constantly taking them off even in the middle of war. Just so we can see the actors faces.  LoL

Tony had five years of down time to work on her skills 

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You really don't. That's the Rocky V if the Marvel Universe.

You've never seen Thor: The Dark World or Iron Man 3 if you really believe this.

IM2 is Rocky II compared to these two movies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

What cracks me up watching these movies again is seeing how these heroes with masks or helmets are constantly taking them off even in the middle of war. Just so we can see the actors faces.  LoL

yeah and the shots of tony stark or war hammer faces inside their suits always jarred me out of the movie

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

Iron Man 2 has actually aged better than I expected.  Much moreso than Iron Man 3, which I preferred over 2 when 3 came out.  It has several very good scenes, just a few clunker scenes that bog it down and of course a crappy villain.   They should have gone all in on Hammer being the villain, but I guess that would be a little too close to Iron Monger again.  I kind of feel the same way about the Age of Ultron.  Several spectacular sequences, but then a few off beats that throw everything off.

27 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Iron Man 2 wasnt bad.   It was just a clear step down from Iron Man 1.

Exactly. Ive always said it world builds really well, just does it too much and loses focus on actually telling a contained story in that film. (a problem that mor MCU films have than most want to admit)

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Iron Man 2 is fine. The last act isn't good but the build was solid.

Speaking of the last act - in both Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3, i always wondered why the bad guys and Tony's extra suits blow up or come apart so easily.  Does the suit keep Tony in one piece, or is Tony keeping the suit in one piece?  Seems like an Iron suit of some sort requires a person in it to not be fragile.

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Speaking of the last act - in both Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3, i always wondered why the bad guys and Tony's extra suits blow up or come apart so easily.  Does the suit keep Tony in one piece, or is Tony keeping the suit in one piece?  Seems like an Iron suit of some sort requires a person in it to not be fragile.

It happens in 1 too. Its the whole it can hurt itself motif. Stain uses his own tech. Whiplash uses modified tech similar to his own. Killian uses advanced tech. It happens in the comics a lot too.