2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

For the third time this year Johnny Man...oops, I meant, Baker Mayfield apologized for his actions on the field.

The 23 years old punk needs to grow up. Grabbing his crotch and yelling "F%^& you!" towards the Kansas bench, getting into an argument with fans/talking trash EVERY SINGLE GAME in the name of competitiveness is ridiculous.

You guys can have him. A big no thanks, aside from measurables that I'm not wild about.

Give me Darnold and/or Rosen please.

Rosen impressed me with his accuracy and poise. His mechanics are on point. But that redzone INT was bad and he's making a habit of those sorts of picks. Also threw a couple more that were lucky not to be picked off. Darnold's INT was poor but it was on 4th down so there's some context to it.

I think Rosen played better but Darnold's best plays still wow me. The movement in and out of the pocket and throwing on the move. That's what I want on the Browns. He's raw but I think staying in school will just waste a year. He needs NFL coaching.

If Rosen can clean up the bad decision INTs, I'd be fine with him too.

41 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Rosen impressed me with his accuracy and poise. His mechanics are on point. But that redzone INT was bad and he's making a habit of those sorts of picks. Also threw a couple more that were lucky not to be picked off. Darnold's INT was poor but it was on 4th down so there's some context to it.

I think Rosen played better but Darnold's best plays still wow me. The movement in and out of the pocket and throwing on the move. That's what I want on the Browns. He's raw but I think staying in school will just waste a year. He needs NFL coaching.

It’s another reason I compared him to Matt Ryan. Ryan throws some stupid interceptions during games.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For the third time this year Johnny Man...oops, I meant, Baker Mayfield apologized for his actions on the field.

The 23 years old punk needs to grow up. Grabbing his crotch and yelling "F%^& you!" towards the Kansas bench, getting into an argument with fans/talking trash EVERY SINGLE GAME in the name of competitiveness is ridiculous.

You guys can have him. A big no thanks, aside from measurables that I'm not wild about.

Give me Darnold and/or Rosen please.

That was the one part of the Manziel experience I liked most, tbh.  It's a drive to win that makes him better than the sum of his parts, and elevates the play of those around him.  Give me the F-U QB, especially the one with elite skills.  

18 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

That was the one part of the Manziel experience I liked most, tbh.  It's a drive to win that makes him better than the sum of his parts, and elevates the play of those around him.  Give me the F-U QB, especially the one with elite skills.  

I love the attitude, guys like A-Aron Rodgers have that attitude.

I mind the fact he doesn't have enough sense to be a little more subtle in his trash talking.

And, to be clear, there's a "winner" who's "better than the sum of his parts" every year in college. Rarely does it translate it seems.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love the attitude, guys like A-Aron Rodgers have that attitude.

I mind the fact he doesn't have enough sense to be a little more subtle in his trash talking.

And, to be clear, there's a "winner" who's "better than the sum of his parts" every year in college. Rarely does it translate it seems.

Yeah, but those types of QBs tend not to be the best passers in the NCAA and Heisman frontrunners.  I think what we have here is a perfect storm.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think you partially summed it up the Rosen and Darnold debate in my mind.

Darnold has higher heights in terms of his play and throws;he has more wow moments and rare displays of passing talent and wow throws along w/ plus escapability.

Rosen is the more consistent passer,is less explosive, and wow moments are limited.

Darnold with the higher ceiling; Rosen with the higher floor.

If you're a coach, the piece of clay that is Sam Darnold is your preference every time given that they both need development regarding decision making.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Like I said, I don’t like his physical skill set. If he had a Rodgers arm and skill set great. We have here about a 5-10 to 5-11 punk suffering from short man syndrome.

I'm going to go on record now.  I've waffled a bit & been a bit hesitant to look past height stuff etc., but I must say that I've seen enough.  I want Baker Mayfield.  He's better than Rosen & Darnold.  If they are all the same height, I don't think it's even close. 

Personally, I see Mayfield as being better than the other two in every way; he moves well in the pocket, can tuck it, is accurate at every level/the most accurate BY FAR, is a leader, is ultra clutch, highest y/a by far, best TD/INT ratio BY FAR, and his arm is not as weak as is the popular opinion.  I agree with @ditchdigger that I am actually a fan of all that competitive fire.  Yes, he's short, but I'm just not that worried about it.

Now, the big thing I'm wondering about is if we can grab him with our 2nd first rounder.  I'm thinking we can.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Still love Rosen and last night just reaffirmed it.

I’ve been in love with Rosen since he was a freshmen. He has been a projected #1 pick since he stepped on college. I believe if he came out any of the past two years he would of be easily the #1 pick

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’ve been in love with Rosen since he was a freshmen. He has been a projected #1 pick since he stepped on college. I believe if he came out any of the past two years he would of be easily the #1 pick

I think it's a toss-up between Rosen and Darnold.

As someone posted, Darnold has a higher ceiling and Rosen a higher floor.

After what I saw last night, Rosen is my pick. 

It was nice watching competent QB play last night knowing that one of them probably will be ours.

Archived