2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

On 11/20/2017 at 3:56 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as the USC prospects, those guys played for different coaches in different eras really.

Darnold has everything you want in a qb prospect with the exception of maybe a little more experience.

You are right on there. NFL scouts and HC's know college HC's past records at producing pros at every position. The college itself has zero to do with it. It is the reason Rodgers fell on draft day, because his college HC had produced a # of high picked QB's and every one of them had flopped before Rodgers. That's all part of the scouting system.

I've seen this kind of wow play from Darnold in every game of his, multiple times. Eyes downfield, innate movement, sneaky athleticism and a great arm. It's a bit weird because there are many plays where he stays in the eye of the storm within the pocket, calm and moving in a subtle way to let the play develop and make something happen. But then on other plays sometimes he will get happy feet and force it. What makes me want him on the Browns though is seeing the former plays. Where he displays many of the traits you see in the top pro QBs.

Rosen is very different, and likeable in his own right. He won't move from his spot but he is adept at reading coverages, has great form and is accurate. The lack of athleticism doesn't downgrade him for me. The greatest QB ever is unathletic but the best at moving in the pocket. And if you're accurate and smart enough, that's all you need.

The reason I favour Darnold is because I think he fits the profile of a Browns QB in the AFC North better, and Rosen's backbreaking picks give me some pause. Why is he reading coverage well and then on a crucial play, throwing up those really simple INTs?

Both are good, and if Darnold doesn't come out, I want Rosen.

Was finally able to watch the full game and I’ve come to the conclusion that we have to take Darnold over Rosen. Darndolds hair is an nfl caliber set of hair. And that schnoz on Rosen?  Man don’t know if I want to see that thing every presser. I really want to like Jamabo, UCLA RB, but he’s honestly just soso. And did anybody hear the fan in the 3rd quarter during that injury timeout yell “hey Sam Cleveland’s really going to love you!”  :D

Sneak peak...as of now for me Rosen is slightly ahead of Darnold. I’m a huge fan of accuracy and contrary to some I believe it’s a gift that can’t be exactly improved upon. Improved I suppose but not to a noticeable difference. Rosen is pretty accurate. He fairly consistently puts it on the receivers hands for yac. 

He makes me nervous as far as his maturity. So a long way to evaluate him. 

Btw we need to get off the Darnold doesn’t want to play for the Browns thing. The only documented quote from him is he has no idea where that came from. So what do you believe?  His words or “sauces”?

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sneak peak...as of now for me Rosen is slightly ahead of Darnold. I’m a huge fan of accuracy and contrary to some I believe it’s a gift that can’t be exactly improved upon. Improved I suppose but not to a noticeable difference. Rosen is pretty accurate. He fairly consistently puts it on the receivers hands for yac. 

He makes me nervous as far as his maturity. So a long way to evaluate him. 

Btw we need to get off the Darnold doesn’t want to play for the Browns thing. The only documented quote from him is he has no idea where that came from. So what do you believe?  His words or “sauces”?

I pray you are right about him willing to play for us. It will make it a lot easier on draft day, to at least be able to pick the one you really want.

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I pray you are right about him willing to play for us. It will make it a lot easier on draft day, to at least be able to pick the one you really want.

There's a lot that can happen between now and the draft as well.

Coleman can stay healthy and show out a bit, Gordon may return and look something like the Hash Gordon we remember from a few years ago, we can sign a free agent WR or two, etc.

This roster has the makings of something decent and a whole lot of assets to finish the job.  I think any potential draft pick would be able to see that if they cared to look.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:19 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's a lot that can happen between now and the draft as well.

Coleman can stay healthy and show out a bit, Gordon may return and look something like the Hash Gordon we remember from a few years ago, we can sign a free agent WR or two, etc.

This roster has the makings of something decent and a whole lot of assets to finish the job.  I think any potential draft pick would be able to see that if they cared to look.

Unfortunately, all they read about, is how poor a 2 year record we have and likely to post a historical record. Some prospects will not see past that and might possibly recoil at being drafted by us, but I have no real knowledge of this happening as of now and I pray, it doesn't raise it face when players are declaring or during the draft.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 3:18 PM, buno67 said:

I believe that Rosen will just come in with a better foundation. I like UCLA’s coaches more than USCs. I want to say all the coaches who would of worked with the QBs are better at UCLA than USC. I like Mora more than Helton and I want to say a lot of the UCLA offensive staff has connection/background from working with Harbough. The one thing I like about Rosen is his feet. He seems to always have them in position to make the pass. It’s crazy to read up on how great of a tennis player he was. That he would of been one of the best amateur tennis players in the nation, believe he was a top10 player in the junior division (18 and under) in the tennis circuit. I think that tennis background gives him the great feet and hips. He might not be the best overall athlete but when it comes to just being a QB. I think he is a darn good athlete for a pocket passer. 

Hopefully both come out and for once the browns get to have a choice at which great QB to have

Excellent post hope your right

Archived