candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

On 12/18/2017 at 3:08 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So did RGIII, how'd that work out?

Lamar Jackson will be awesome for the bros who still play Madden.  He may even win a few games early in his career.  

I'll take a guy whose play style has shown to win Super Bowls and still be a viable starter in the league at 30.

Lamar Jackson is not RGIII, Vick, or Vince Young, Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson. I don't think its wise to predict his career based off anyone's successes or failures. His success is more tied to the OC/QB coach that inherits him and the creativity/football mind they posses. Don't ever think 6'3 215lbs who runs 4.38 and can beat you over the top doesn't pose a significant threat to a defense. It's 100% the mind behind the play calling that takes the player from a threat to a full blown problem.

Regarding Rosen, I’ll remind you guys yet one more gyen. Remember this same time last year Garrett didn’t want to play for the Browns either. 

Im actually more worried about him staying healthy and may knock him down my list because of that. Evidently he may not play in his bowl game because of a second concussion he’s gotten this year. Not because he’s declaring. 

43 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

So who’s starting the Darnold vs Allen vs Mayfield thread 

Then in a weeks time it will be the Allen vs Mayfield thread.

Honestly, if Darnold and Rosen both say thanks but no thanks. Just give me Mayfield.

We'd be about done so at that point why not just throw it all on a personality like him. Then just hope he's a different animal that turns this sorry team around.

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Remember when Steph Curry didnt wan't to play for the Golden State Warriors? They had to sell him on the team and their vision. The rest is history.

NOBODY would actually want to come here. This is, by far, the least desirable destination in the NFL. We need to overcome it.

It starts with getting rid of the most incometent offensive coordinator. 

10 hours ago, roger murdock said:

NOBODY would actually want to come here. This is, by far, the least desirable destination in the NFL.

All we need if for Cueball to sell him on us.

He seems to be able to sell well.

Then we fire him.

I never wanted Rosen over Darnold anyways. So his little spoiled comments don't really bother me. All aboard the Darnold train! If Darnold returns, man...I think long and hard about trading down a few spots and taking Baker Mayfield. Maybe trading the #1 pick to the Giants so they can get Rosen and then going Baker at #2.

I'm in love with Mayfield despite his miniscule stature and madden-esque offensive scheme.

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I never wanted Rosen over Darnold anyways. So his little spoiled comments don't really bother me. All aboard the Darnold train! If Darnold returns, man...I think long and hard about trading down a few spots and taking Baker Mayfield. Maybe trading the #1 pick to the Giants so they can get Rosen and then going Baker at #2.

I'm in love with Mayfield despite his miniscule stature and madden-esque offensive scheme.

It makes him spoiled? It makes him human. If I was a QB coming out, I would rather play for the Giants too. One you know the Giants dont have a crap HC because they will be getting a knew one, Giants have receivers when healthy in OBJ, Marshall,  Sheppard, and Engram. I would take those top3 WRs and TE over the Browns top 3WRs and TE. Then you look at the marketing potential. NY is > CLE. Now if he came out and cried about being drafted by the Browns or about the chance of being drafted by the Browns, it would make spoiled. At this moment it was just a report saying that he would rather be a Giant than a Brown. Right now, I Think a lot of people would. 

IMO, they will all declare. NFL GM's do not look kindly on top prospects who return to school and will question their maturity the following season, with a likely drop in draft positioning.

Now, that does not preclude them demanding an Eli type trade, but they will declare, after that it becomes a selling job, so we would have to wait to see the outcome.

I am all in on Darnold, his upside is off the charts, but if he refuses to play in Cleveland, we just move on to Rosen or Jackson and pray for the best. Not much else you can do???

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Lmao at these QB’s who want to go back to school to avoid us. Like do they think we won’t have pick one the following year as well????

We'd take a QB this year though so they'd probably be safe next year.

I understand that as a human with free will, he shouldn't be forced to go anywhere he doesn't want to for the next decade plus. Staying in school is a legit option, I can accept that. But pulling an Eli is low and weak. That shouldn't be allowed. It basically borders on collusion.

The Browns earned the right to their favourite player in the draft!

Archived