2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He had Brian Hill, Jacob Hollister and Tanner Gentry.

Yeah. With a supporting cast like that, I'm surprised Wyoming wasn't able to at least make the playoff last season.

Have you watched how bad Josh Allen's team is? He runs around like a maniac buying oodles of time for his WR's to get open and they still can't uncover whatsoever. Even his freaking checkdown guys are covered on option routes. That Wyoming team is horrendous and anyone that actually watched film of Josh Allen could tell you that. And the three guys you listed probably won't even be in the NFL next season. This screams of you trying to fit something into a beneficial narrative. Josh Allen was playing with absolute scrubs...especially this season.

I'm baffled by the hate Josh Allen gets by people on here. He's going to be a good QB in the NFL and it isn't because I'm enamored with his size and arm strength. It's because he's a good QB prospect. People are just riding the popular narrative about his completion percentage and not taking anything in with context.

Allen is my #4 rated QB, but he's still a stud and I wouldn't cry if he went #1. I doubt he does, but I'd be ok with the pick.

And I want Saquon badly at #4. I'd be more than happy with a R1 that netted us Allen and Barkley. Especially if it meant avoiding average players in the top 5 like Chubb and Fitzpatrick.

33 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah. With a supporting cast like that, I'm surprised Wyoming wasn't able to at least make the playoff last season.

So you conveniently cut out the part right after where I said “in the context of the MWC” and instead imply something quite weird like I expected him to make the Playoff because of those three players.

And I’m the one trying to fit something into a beneficial narrative?

Believe me, I don’t need to force and manipulate a narrative to make Josh Allen look like a subpar first-round Quarterback prospect.

@BleedTheClock I agree with your last paragraph about Barkley, Chubb and Fitzpatrick. I also want us to take Barkley at 4 if we don’t trade down for multiple firsts. I’m not that fussed by subjective opinions of positional value. Barkley’s a gamechanger and we could do a lot worse than him.

He’d also make us so much more watchable. That in itself means a lot to me haha.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What he’s doing is not known with certainty by folks outside of the organization, I’m confident of that.

Based on his KC experience, folks inside the organization might not know what he's doing either.

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I have a strong feeling we trade down from 4 with the bills if Allen or mayfield make it there. And if the giants decide to stay put. They’re desperate to get in front of the Broncos. 

Trying to put a full first round mock together is proving difficult. If you start with the idea that Darnold is #1 to the Browns (even that is a debate), marching the QBs and teams at picks 2, 3 and 4 is very difficult.

My most recent thought has been that the Broncos will trade with the Giants to get from 5 to 2.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Imagine trading back with the Broncos and then then trading back with the Bills with the Broncos picks. 

We would have three first rounders this year and change in each draft for the next 2 seasons. 

Which would be nice.

I mean it is not as if we will be done rebuilding after this draft.

And we will have to let players walk and replace them as we go along.

20 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Well this somewhat validates characterization of Allen as Kizer 2.0

Literally nobody has thrown more off-target footballs to go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft in the past 3 years than Josh Allen.

When your highlight game is against Gardner-Webb University when you went 22/32 328 yards and 2TDs....there is a problem.

Sam Darnold had 8 games of 300 yards passing last season. Josh Allen has 1 and it was against a  team that plays in a high school stadium.

He finished 302nd out of 335 QBs in the past 8 years in off-target percentage. 302nd!!!!!!!!!

GWU-Bulldogs-2-e1505607235387.jpg?fit=70

I can imagine the "debate" among the FO (including Haslam) and coaches going at some point like this:

First up, Hueball: Rosen is the guy I need to win and there is nobody better than me to mold him into a winner.

-- Pregnant pause of disbelief among all others present --

Then a few muffled snickers and finally an open laugh that ignites belly laughs around the room so intense as to bring some to tears.

Next up, the drunk: I saw Brett Farve play and I see a little Farve in Mayfield.

Finally, someone (Haley?) asks: whether a little Farve is like a mini-me, and raucous laughter ensues around the room again.

Next up, Dorsey: We need a QB with a big arm in the AFC North and Allen has the biggest arm.

Until someone has the cajones to ask: Don't you think it might help if he could hit the broad side of a barn with his throws?

Bedlam then reigns, until...

Last up, Haslam: I don't want a guy that won't hold up to NFL punishment, I don't want another Manziel and I certainly don't want another Kizer.

Take Darnold.

(Murmurs of "Yes, boss", "You got it",  "My thought exactly", "You da man", etc. follow.)

And that's how Jimmy saves the day.

Archived