candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@freakygeniuskid

Good news for you, but sh*** news for me.... Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law about an hour ago... he said the Giants are rebuffing even the Broncos current unbelievable trade offer because their personnel group is operating under belief that the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1.

Your brother in-law has stated several different certainties over the last few weeks. I don't see how he (I'm assuming, a low-ranking person) could have all of this insider NFL knowledge but not a peep of Baker #1 has been heard from anyone else.

I don't really think we can screw this 1st round up that much. As long as we avoid Fitzpatrick and Chubb (good, but not elite), I don't see many players being talked about in the top 10 that aren't worth selecting. I'd prefer to take Darnold, but I think we are going to see 4 franchise QB's from this class. Bring on Baker Mayfield if that's what we want to do. I'd be fine with it. I'd put money on Baker/Sam/Josh R. being franchise QB's. And Josh Allen is tempting, but he's got a lot more bustable elements. The top 3 QB's in this class are significantly safer than the QB's that typically reside at the top of these draft classes. I don't think you can completely strike out here.

All that being said, I'm calling B.S. and I expect Darnold to be the pick.

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Your brother in-law has stated several different certainties over the last few weeks. I don't see how he (I'm assuming, a low-ranking person) could have all of this insider NFL knowledge but not a peep of Baker #1 has been heard from anyone else.

I don't really think we can screw this 1st round up that much. As long as we avoid Fitzpatrick and Chubb (good, but not elite), I don't see many players being talked about in the top 10 that aren't worth selecting. I'd prefer to take Darnold, but I think we are going to see 4 franchise QB's from this class. Bring on Baker Mayfield if that's what we want to do. I'd be fine with it. I'd put money on Baker/Sam/Josh R. being franchise QB's. And Josh Allen is tempting, but he's got a lot more bustable elements. The top 3 QB's in this class are significantly safer than the QB's that typically reside at the top of these draft classes. I don't think you can completely strike out here.

All that being said, I'm calling B.S. and I expect Darnold to be the pick.

Your eval of Chubb is off IMO. I think he could be potentially elite playing with Garrett. Those two are going to do wonders together

17 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@freakygeniuskid

Good news for you, but sh*** news for me....

I da** near threw up after I hung up.... hope you're happy man...

Winter has truly come.........  I will begin my mourning of King Eddard Darnold for these days leading up to the draft.... Those that want to join me....let us adorn Black garb until draft day....

I hate Hue Jackson... all he had to do was jump in the lake twonce more...

I can only hope I goes on a public drinking bender forcing my hand to create a long rambling thread assuming the worst...

Milwaukee's Best, you're our only hope....

latest?cb=20090905095830

Left to right: @Aztec Hammer, @Mind Character, @brownie man, @bruceb

Oh shut up. You know we're taking Darnold.

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

Lmao why I gotta be Kartman though ? 

I guess it somewhat makes sense 

Heh. I actually thought about that when I was a signing people. I thought to myself, "brownie is going to be ticked off." I picture Mind Character as a more emotionally volatile Sheldon. I know what Bruce looks like so the Cartman wouldn't work. Aztec is clearly the fanatic. You just got short strawed, my friend.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mind Character said:

@freakygeniuskid

Good news for you, but sh*** news for me.... Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law about an hour ago... he said the Giants are rebuffing even the Broncos current unbelievable trade offer because their personnel group is operating under belief that the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1.

They will stay at number 2, Select Sam Darnold in a scenario that at the start of the draft season was only thought to be an unattainable fantasy.

I for the life of me don't understand how one can see past Darnold's rarest of the rare anticipation throwing ability and poise/accuracy under pressure in favor of Baker's really good Quarterbacking skill set.

I da** near threw up after I hung up.... hope you're happy man...

The coaches desire for Josh Rosen has apparently cooled due to the neurology review and medical assessment during his private workout and private medical review at the hospital showing he may have some longterm risk having sustained 4 concussions in 3.5 years (2 in high school; 2 in college).

After the interviews and private workouts, Baker Mayfield has won the QB derby..... F-my fan life....

Giants personnel group actually thinks the Browns will go 1. Baker Mayfield and 4. Denzel Ward.

At this point, my b.i.l. thinks the top 7 will go: 1. Browns: Baker Mayfield, 2. Giants: Sam Darnold, 3. Jets: Josh Rosen, 4. Browns: Denzel Ward, 5. Broncos: Quenton Nelson or Trade down with Buffalo who comes up to get Josh Allen, 6. Colts: Bradley Chubb, 7. Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley

I can't see how we'd pass on Chubb for Denzel Ward as it makes no flipping football sense to me.

Winter has truly come.........  I will begin my mourning of King Sam Darnold for these days leading up to the draft.... Those that want to join me....let us adorn Black garb until draft day....

I hate John Dorsey, Jimmy Haslam, and Hue Jackson... all they had to do was take Sam Darnold to make believe twonce more...

I can only hope Baker goes on a public drinking bender forcing our hand...

If there are any Browns fans out there in Oklahoma...we need you now more than ever... buy Baker as many shots as you can, get wild, and film it on your phone...

You're our only hope....

If you've been following Dorsey's statements going back to the end of last season, as well as his liking of Mahomes also out of an air raid, Browns consultant McCoughan's takes, trading a premium pick for a vet guy the same size...it's not entirely surprising they like Mayfield. But I didn't think, and kind of still don't think, Dorsey actually has the brass to take him #1. That's hall of fame brass balls territory.

Generally speaking though, I think Darnold's a little overrated and Mayfield's a little underrated. Darnold has slightly better tools but he's really not been much different at USC than Kessler, Barkley or Sanchez. He's not the prospect Carson Palmer was. Also find it odd that no one is talking about why he's even coming out as a RS sophomore. The consensus was that he needed another year and yet he came out anyways. He used his mobility less as a sophomore and didn't look as good hanging in the pocket more.

I think he's a good QB prospect and over time I think he'll be productive but he shouldn't be a lock for the #1 overall.

Mayfield does a lot of extra that overshadows that he works his *** off to master his position. I think he's pretty similar to Dak Prescott as far as a guy out of a raid like spread who's accuracy and arm talent got better and better in school. ..as well as an embarrassing viral video and character dumb****. And regardless how he tested his play style is similar to Russell Wilson at times. He's comfortable staying in the pocket or improvising out of it.

Ward over Chubb I'm not surprised at all. Ward is ridiculously quick and athletic but still plays physical for a small guy. Chubb is just the best of a weak edge class. But with the value that #4 pick's going to hold, I'd rather make a trade down with Miami or Buffalo there for QB Allen. There are good CB prospects in the 2nd/3rd round range like Oliver, J.Alexander, Carlton Davis, Quenton Meeks, Avonte Maddox...not as good as Ward but solid.

If your bil is right about that scenario I'd see the top 12 as...1. Browns: Baker Mayfield, 2. Giants: Sam Darnold, 3. Jets: Josh Rosen, 4. Browns: Denzel Ward (or trade for Josh Allen here) 5. Broncos: Saquon Barkley, 6. Colts: Bradley Chubb, 7. Buccaneers: Denzel Ward (or Fitzpatrick or that trade for Allen here), 8. Bears: Quenton Nelson, 9. San Francisco: Minkah Fitzpatrick (or Derwin James) 10. Raiders: Roquan Smith

On 3/29/2018 at 12:56 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Disagree with the first paragraph. I saw most draft guys talking about him as a 2nd/3rd type guy, right in the range Russell Wilson went (not comparing them, just their draft status, super productive guys with a height/system question mark).

Second paragraph, in general I'd agree with. Which is why I don't get all of the national media talk about Darnold/Allen being the only ones we are considering, when they're the two who regressed this year! The more I think about it, the more I think that the FO might not be 100% settled on someone yet and Darnold/Allen's agency is just trying to force the Browns into taking one of them (and thus paying the agency bookoo bucks) by applying media pressure. Now, instead of "well there were a ton of options and that's who they took!" They're trying to shift it to, "I can't believe the Browns didn't take Allen/Darnold! How dumb!" and you know the media would bite because they looooove Cleveland is dumb stories.

For the record: Not saying Darnold ISN'T the choice. Saying that I think the media "he's DEFINITELY the choice!" might be partially (or mostly) driven by his/Allen's representation.

Well, on NFL.com, he was considered as a middle round pick, not that it means anything now, as he proved this year, to be a solid prospect.

The thing about the top 5 picks in a draft, is that GM's cannot afford a total flop if they want to keep their jobs, therefore the more red flags, the less likely you are to go top 5 and certainly not #1 overall. I love Mayfield, I really do, he reminds me so much of Brees, I gush about his leadership potential. However, he is in the height range of Brees and Wilson and they account for only 6% of the starting QB's in the NFL and that is extremely risky for any GM! I think it eliminates him from any possibility of going #1 overall in the draft. Ditto for Allen, his inaccuracy issues will also eliminate him and for Rosen, it is his injury history!

When you add up the red flags, Darnold comes out the clear winner and the fact pro scouts and GM's love him does not hurt his chances, so I see no way he isn't our choice and I do not think it is media driven. Every year, there are arguments about who is the best QB and usually the guy everybody assumes will be the pick, is the guy chosen. That being said, Haslam attended Allen's workout and in the past insisted our then GM, draft Manziel, so with Haslam around, who in the heck knows what he will order our GM to do????? We just will not know till draft day?????

Still evaluating Allen. I’ll have more time coming up in a couple of weeks. Best I can come up with is he’s a work in progress. He’s better than Derek Anderceptionverde. He’s also the ultimate boom or bust. 

Hes clearly number four, but that might not be saying much given the clear starters this year. 

Archived