Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Stop

What would be the point of having him out there after recovering from an injury with the LT that will be out there?  It is a legit question.  I want to see Zach play but not if he is going to be running for his life. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

What would be the point of having him out there after recovering from an injury with the LT that will be out there?  It is a legit question.  I want to see Zach play but not if he is going to be running for his life. 

Because he has to play. If he’s healthy he needs to be out there. I don’t care if it’s PS guys across the OL. He needs snaps. If he’s not getting any time to throw. Then we have to factor that in when evaluating him. But you certainly don’t not play him bc of it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Because he has to play. If he’s healthy he needs to be out there. I don’t care if it’s PS guys across the OL. He needs snaps. If he’s not getting any time to throw. Then we have to factor that in when evaluating him. But you certainly don’t not play him bc of it.

I understand all that. I just would hate to see him get hurt and be done for the year because we have 2 turnstiles on the left side of the line.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Because Joe Flacco is f’n horrible and playing him is the same as giving up.  And the Steelers are currently reeling themselves

Why is John Franklin Myers playing DE so much? He played it last season because of injuries, his best position is DT. He is almost 300 lbs and is too slow to contain the outside. 

It just seems so dumb to me. I much rather give Clemons, Johnson, and Huff more reps at DE and JFM at DT.

JFM and Quinnen Williams should be the starting DTs. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Need someone to boost my confidence again. I feel like this is another year we suck but end the year on a small winning streak. Then convince ourselves that the momentum will carry over to next year.  

This is what drives me nuts. We are god awful for 14 games but come alive towards the end of the year and suddenly things are going to be different the following September. 

9 hours ago, xrade said:

I understand all that. I just would hate to see him get hurt and be done for the year because we have 2 turnstiles on the left side of the line.

That’s on MLF to gameplan for that and for Wilson to know he has to get rid of the ball fast. I think we’re going to see a very vanilla scheme this week bc it’s his 1st week back. I expect short timing throws and very few shots down the field. So for those who think Flacco was boring. Expect the same this week

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

This is what drives me nuts. We are god awful for 14 games but come alive towards the end of the year and suddenly things are going to be different the following September. 

Well tye schedule plays that way for us this season as well. Likely come out bye week we’re pretty much out of the playoff race or have a slim chance. But there’s a lot of winnable games to finish the year. It’s about progression. We haven’t seen much so far. But it’s only been 3 weeks and with a backup QB. With our young QB in now, we can start to hopefully see more progression. Hopefully being the key word. Bc Wilson himself has to progress. 

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Need someone to boost my confidence again. I feel like this is another year we suck but end the year on a small winning streak. Then convince ourselves that the momentum will carry over to next year.  

I think most of us would have been good with 1-2, without Zach. Uninspiring football, but the result is no different than what anyone should've expected to this point: 

• Offense: 9th YPG, 20th PPG
  • Defense: 15th YPG, 26th PPG

With competent QB play, we probably beat Baltimore, all of a sudden we're 2-1 and this board has an entirely different feel to it.

Defensively - we're playing the run, surprisingly, really well (3.7 YPC).. And, our CBs are playing as well as any duo in football. I expect the run defense to fall off, but still, that combination should translate to better results than we've seen. If we clean up the mental mistakes and coaching, we may not be as far off as we think.

Offensively - we finally have legitimate weapons, the OL should improve, and in spite of Flacco, we're still not a bottom tier group like we've been in years past. Zach is the obvious wildcard - if he takes a legitimate step forward, there's no reason to think we can't be really good offensively this year.  

Of course, the opposite could happen and we'll be firing up mock drafts in a few weeks. I don't think the sky is falling just yet though. It really all depends on Zach, and I don't see any point in speculating good or bad because who knows. If he's even just solid, I think we win 7-8 games reasonably. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Why is John Franklin Myers playing DE so much? He played it last season because of injuries, his best position is DT. He is almost 300 lbs and is too slow to contain the outside. 

It just seems so dumb to me. I much rather give Clemons, Johnson, and Huff more reps at DE and JFM at DT.

JFM and Quinnen Williams should be the starting DTs. 

Saleh loves Solomon Thomas too much. 

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Can’t blame you. There’s nothing to feel good about with Saleh in charge