The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Parham and Munford are promising, hoping they can develop into solid starters. James a good starter. I still think OL could use a dominant guard…

We have to see how guys develop but the only two that I'd pencil in beyond this year are Kolton and Parham. James has a chance but if we see an upgrade or like Parham at center I could see us moving on. I hope that we go get a veteran in free agency and use one of our first two picks on the OL. 

On 10/11/2022 at 11:28 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh carr has to step his tds up before I’ll say he went play for play with pat and his 4 tds. Imo We only had 2 really good legit drives last night and both ended in adams tds. 

I wish you had taken me up on that 24 PPG bet.

How is it Carr's fault he took them to the goal line and Jacobs ran it in? Stop. Looking. At. Stat. Lines.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, NYRaider said:

We have to see how guys develop but the only two that I'd pencil in beyond this year are Kolton and Parham. James has a chance but if we see an upgrade or like Parham at center I could see us moving on. I hope that we go get a veteran in free agency and use one of our first two picks on the OL. 

I think we need to fix the DT, find another g, add more talent on defense before thinking of replacing James. I think James is good until 2024. 

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wish you had taken me up on that 24 PPG bet.

How is it Carr's fault he took them to the goal line and Jacobs ran it in? Stop. Looking. At. Stat. Lines.

You talking about the multiple pass interference td drive?

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It's a question of principle:

Would the pass been caught, if a defender defended it legally? Or does the QB see it before the throw that the WR gets the PI called, and he throws it on purpose there.

To me it's like this:
If it's a clear PI, then it means for me the same as it was a caught pass. The rest is luck.
And sometimes you just need a bit of luck to win games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That's completely irrelevant. It's part of the game you claim to know so much about but continue to prove otherwise every time you touch a keyboard. Fact (yes, fact) is you're faulting Carr for handing the ball off and someone else scoring. That's corny as hell

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's a question of principle:

Would the pass been caught, if a defender defended it legally? Or does the QB see it before the throw that the WR gets the PI called, and he throws it on purpose there.

To me it's like this:
If it's a clear PI, then it means for me the same as it was a caught pass. The rest is luck.
And sometimes you just need a bit of luck to win games.

I’m not mad at it cause it led to a td. just don’t think it’s vintage carr at his best. Especially compared to his other drives. 

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not mad at it cause it led to a td. just don’t think it’s vintage carr at his best. Especially compared to his other drives. 

Same here.  I am not giving him credit for it when people say that is what he wanted to do.  He had been underthrowing receivers all night long.  even when they got behind the entire defense.  There was one great throw that I loved and he deserves the credit there.  

quick 3 round mock draft- assuming we ink Rock, Jacobs to new deals 

R1: Bryan Bresee  DT- add a much needed interior pass rusher next to Maxx- still need more talent on defense 

R2:  Jared Verse Edge-  great  prospect, add more talent to the defense. Chandler Jones will be 33 in 2023. Can never have enough pass rush talent. Ferrell probably gone

R3: Nolan Smith LB - I think we let Perryman walk in a cost saving move. Nolan Smith was the former #1 prep linebacker who plays at Georgia. Coming on to his own. He would make nice pair with Deablo

that draft and then using free agency to: 2 OL, vet DT, LB, CB.. team would be looking good 

Edited by Humble_Beast

My updated off-season needs. I’m surprised the OL has been good the past few games. That’s a positive. I hope Munford and Parham emerge as steals. Biggest needs I see on this team in 2023:
Defense
DT- see above. I want to see that rookie Farrell get some run. He’s 24, I want to see if he can be NT of the future 

LB- Perryman a free agent and going be 30. I think he looks to get paid his last contract. Probably going need to replace him 

S- Abram is probably gone. Harmon is a stopgap. Could use another baller safety with range 

Developmental Edge- chandler Jones going be a 33 in 2023 , so it be smart to have a edge learning from the vet. You can fall off quick at that age. 

I think we bring back Rock and I like Amik 

Offense:
WR- I think we bring back Hollins on a fair 2 year deal. I still think we could use an explosive WR to stretch the field 

LG- Barr Is a stop gap. Simpson is not a NFL starter. 

TE- Waller has been a letdown again. I kinda feel like he coasting at this point. I wouldn’t mind drafting someone to challenge him for his spot. Same thing we did with Zamir and Jacobs. Plus another red zone option is nice, and depth

I think we give Jacobs and Rock new deals towards the end of the year. Mack could earn a fair 2 year deal. I don't think CB is a big need like others. 

Edited by Humble_Beast