The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Jalen Carter will go top 5 if he stays healthy. I'd move mountains to land him on the interior Dline. 

we need to trade picks for a defensive star or trade up. forget trying to fill the depth chart with solid starters... both sides of the ball need true difference makers that have to be schemed by the opposing team. good gms get cornerstones and land solid starters in the mid/late rounds and cheap in free agency. 

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tenn vs Georgia tomorrow 

who you got bp?

Dawgs on top! The loss of Nolan Smith is going to hurt them on defense. Dline should be a force in this one and Tenn needs to establish the run. Georgia is more physical and should disrupt some of the things they like to do. 

But college football is fluky sometimes and Tenn certainly has that "feel" right now playing with a full head of steam.

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

we need to trade picks for a defensive star or trade up. forget trying to fill the depth chart with solid starters... both sides of the ball need true difference makers that have to be schemed by the opposing team. good gms get cornerstones and land solid starters in the mid/late rounds and cheap in free agency. 

If Carter is on the board when we pick I see us going with him.  If he's gone I could see us going OL or CB depending on value. 

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If I had to update position of need in early rounds

R1: DT

R2: G

R3: WR - need one to stretch field 

free agency sign a starting: MLB, CB, S, another LB, C, Tackle 

Where's QB? Cut Carr, sign Jimmy G, draft Bryce Young, profit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I hope none of y'all want Hooker after what you saw today. Holds onto the ball forever, can't read defenses, has a terrible time getting off his primary, and is too old for a raw QB. No thanks unless it's a day 3 pick.... Late day 3

If he played Northwestern maybe but Georgia defense is next level. Looking average  vs Georgia is no strike against anyone

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Picking number 3 at the moment. Also don’t see how this team wins 5 games this season. Should get a damn good pick 

Hoping we can get back far enough to not reach out Peter Skoronski. It's very evident where our weakest points are and obviously things will change with FA but he is a plug and play starter 

Edit: Paris Johnson Jr would also be a great pick for us. He's played fantastic this year

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Picking number 3 at the moment. Also don’t see how this team wins 5 games this season. Should get a damn good pick 

I wonder where we go?  QB is in play, Carter and Anderson are in play too.  Say we end up picking 7-10 I hope we can land a stud on D whoever that is.  I don't think a RT is good value in the top 10 even though Oline is a massive need.