The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Top 5 I couldn’t fathom picking a OL that high seeing how they would play RT. 6-10 wouldn’t bother me so much. Wouldn’t love it but would get it.

QB all the way for me. 

No QB will succeed behind this line though. None. It absolutely must be addressed. I agree that we shouldn't pick an OT that high which is why I prefaced my comment by saying I hope we get back far enough to warrant that pick 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No QB will succeed behind this line though. None. It absolutely must be addressed. I agree that we shouldn't pick an OT that high which is why I prefaced my comment by saying I hope we get back far enough to warrant that pick 

Could invest in the OL in other ways. They will have money to spend in the offseason. Also with the other picks 

Edited by agarcia34

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Could invest in the OL in other ways. They will have money to spend in the offseason. Also with the other picks 

Agreed and that's why I said things could change in FA as far as our needs. Right now though, if they blew up the entire team on both sides, aside from a few players, I'm not going to be sad about it

• Like 1

Despite my frustration with Carr, I am still in the "draft other positions in the top 2 rounds" group until further notice. I don't think the Raiders will be bad enough to pick 1st, so the pick will be top 5. Stroud somehow falling in to our lap would be my only exception to this.

Round 1: pass rushing DT.

Round 2: offensive lineman.

Round 3: QB Grayson McCall. A 3rd rounder is a round too high IMO, but he can sit behind Carr for a year.

Rounds 4 thru 7: All Defense baby.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Despite my frustration with Carr, I am still in the "draft other positions in the top 2 rounds" group until further notice. I don't think the Raiders will be bad enough to pick 1st, so the pick will be top 5. Stroud somehow falling in to our lap would be my only exception to this.

Round 1: pass rushing DT.

Round 2: offensive lineman.

Round 3: QB Grayson McCall. A 3rd rounder is a round too high IMO, but he can sit behind Carr for a year.

Rounds 4 thru 7: All Defense baby.

I like this outlook. I really want to add dt but need to go BPA: OL or Dine. we need a cornerstone 

Round 1 options:

• Will Anderson Edge- Jones is old, I wouldn't pass on a great edge prospect 
  • Jalen Carter DT- everyone agrees our DTs suck 
  • Myles Murphy Edge
  • Jared Verse Edge
  • Bryan Breese DT
  • Kelee Ringo CB 

I don't see a can't miss LT, so we probably going defense. go BPA with a OL and DL rounds 2 and 3.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Jalen is a special talent. Freakish strong that also has a lot of quickness in his game. 

Will Anderson has had a down year, but so much attention goes to him. The last two years works for itself tho. 

Bryan Bresee is a stud 

we need a special talent on defense. I feel bad for Max. a good defense should have 3-4 great players, and surrounded by solid starters. We have one special talent in Maxx, and a couple solid starters. That's about it 

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We will win just enough to miss out on blue chips, we’ve been here before. 

Missing out on Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa in 2019 hurts the most for me. Both are absolute game wreckers in a huge area of need and we got stuck with Clelin Ferrell. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Missing out on Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa in 2019 hurts the most for me. Both are absolute game wreckers in a huge area of need and we got stuck with Clelin Ferrell. 

I remember there was great debate about winning some meaningless game against the Cardinals.. I think if we lost, we would have had the first pick in 2019. Winning to end the season is worthless. If the team is trash, changes will be made 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If Derrick Brown just would have declared after his junior year.  I would have loved also for a trade back and drafting Dexter Lawrence.  Guy might get double digit sacks from NT.