2022 Around league

dll2000

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s using Denver to make the same leverage play as Payton IMO. If he’s truly leaving Michigan he’ll have his pick of a half dozen jobs, most or all of which are better situations. 

I don’t know. Pretty much all available situations this coming year are just varying piles of crap. 

It’s either with a QB you’re stuck with, a really bad cap situation or a really bad roster. And some are a combination of those things. 

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don’t know. Pretty much all available situations this coming year are just varying piles of crap. 

It’s either with a QB you’re stuck with, a really bad cap situation or a really bad roster. And some are a combination of those things. 

Yeah, but unless you are dealing with an Urban Meyers situation or a coach retires, isn't that the case more often than not?

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

True, but ones where he almost certainly gets to pick his own QB right away (IND, HOU or CAR come to mind) you’d think are far more desirable. Each has at least some good young talent in place too. IND by far makes the most sense for him though IMO, especially given his prior ties there. Irsay probably gives him a 6-year deal at the top of the market and lets him pick his GM too. DEN has an elite defense in place but if Russ is still gonna play at this level there’s only so much Harbaugh can do for the next few years.

37 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don't think Carolina's roster is terrible & Darnold is an easy guy to get out from under. You can easily trade your 2024 1st for Payton & then move up for Levis or Stroud. The 2 main problems are would Payton want to go against his former team and would NO want to go against Payton twice a year?

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s using Denver to make the same leverage play as Payton IMO. If he’s truly leaving Michigan he’ll have his pick of a half dozen jobs, most or all of which are better situations. 

Agreed…I still think Frank Reich ends up in Denver.

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed…I still think Frank Reich ends up in Denver.

I think it could be Dan Quinn

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Yeah, but unless you are dealing with an Urban Meyers situation or a coach retires, isn't that the case more often than not?

absolutely and that was my point. A bunch of post have stated “do they really want that situation?” And I’m saying, unless Jerry Jones goes full “Jurrah” and give McCarthy the boot because he didn’t win the Super Bowl, there isn’t a “great” situation to go into 

So detroit is out of playoff contention following the Seahawks victory over the rams.  They now face Green Bay with nothing to lose but have the opportunity to play the role of spoiler against a divisional foe.  Let’s hope detroit goes all out and spoils Green Bay’s hopes of making the postseason.

• Like 5

Aaron Rodgers’ body language as he walked off the field…he is totally planning to retire. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a decade and a half, but now that it’s here, I don’t know if I want it to be. 

So with how things happened today:

- Bears lost and HOU won to secure the #1 overall pick

- DEN won to send SEA to 5th overall

- That moved AZ and IND (who had to lose to HOU) to 3 and 4 respectively, making 2, 4, 7 (LV), and 9 all wanting/needing QBs while 5 (SEA), 6 (DET), and 8 (ATL) might all be looking to upgrade their QB or find the heir to their current QB.

- Then finally, DET knocks GB out of playoff contention.

All in all...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Aaron Rodgers’ body language as he walked off the field…he is totally planning to retire. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a decade and a half, but now that it’s here, I don’t know if I want it to be. 

If he retires, GB gets nothing for him and he ****s them up financially.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• Like 1

I figure the most logical way to read rodgers in the final few minutes (walking off, staring around, shoving the camera away as Cobb and him embrace in their departure, and of course refusing to trade jerseys with a lions player as he “wanted to keep that one”) is that he is now done in the nfl. If that isn’t true, he at the very least will play somewhere else. It’s the end of an era in GB and it’s a very strange feeling. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he retires, GB gets nothing for him and he ****s them up financially.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

And all the idiot packers fans that didn’t appreciate him over the years will finally get to see that Love will be infinitely worse than Rodgers was at his worst imo. Packers are about to potentially learn what qb purgatory is.