2022 Around league

dll2000

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Zero tolerance on gambling but not sexual assault? Sure that makes sense. 

It does in the context of NFL game credibility. Let's say more players were found to gamble, wouldn't that make the fans thing the game is rigged? Who is going to watch if the game is rigged?

On the flip side - sexual assault has zero effect on who is watching the NFL.

One act impacts the entire league, and the other just makes the player look bad. 

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

He has too...suspending Calvin Ridley for a year for placing a bet on a game he had nothing to do with but 6 games for all Watson is accused off? Craziness...

i'd look for another source on this - this twitter account is known for being parody/fake. I think choosing Kraft (once accused of getting a happy ending in florida) was very specific to the joke for watson's harrassment

Edited by HuskieBear
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i'd look for another source on this - this twitter account is known for being parody/fake. I think choosing Kraft (once accused of getting a happy ending in florida) was very specific to the joke for watson's harrassment

The Kraft quote is in fact fake

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Looks like we will be spending that $100 million elsewhere next offseason with all these receivers being signed up.

Yeah sign a few more #4's and use their top 10 pick on a pass rusher. It'll be great. Again, having a good defense and borderline professional offense must be one of George's prerequisites for the job

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah sign a few more #4's and use their top 10 pick on a pass rusher. It'll be great. Again, having a good defense and borderline professional offense must be one of George's prerequisites for the job

I doubt they take that approach 😂 that said IMO we are still so talent deficient all over the team I just want us to find quality players where we can then use the draft to fill the gaps.

37 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I doubt they take that approach 😂 that said IMO we are still so talent deficient all over the team I just want us to find quality players where we can then use the draft to fill the gaps.

Why do you doubt it? They took that approach this year

• Like 2

This is subject to change but the FA pool at WR looks bone dry next year.  If Poles wants a marquee WR then he's going to have to trade for one-- which also means trading away capital.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2023/all/wide-receiver/all/

Best case scenario; Mooney proves to be a #1, Velus shows flashes, and Poles hits in R1. 

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It made very little sense to do it this year with the cap space & two top 50 picks that they had 

I would disagree...they didn't have as much cap space as we all though given that moves had to be make to help longer term and the two guys we picked in the top 50 were easily top 50 talents and are showing as such so far...as I said before we are so talent deficient we just needed to add the best players possible.

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This is subject to change but the FA pool at WR looks bone dry next year.  If Poles wants a marquee WR then he's going to have to trade for one-- which also means trading away capital.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2023/all/wide-receiver/all/

Best case scenario; Mooney proves to be a #1, Velus shows flashes, and Poles hits in R1. 

Velus? How can he flash, he is 25. :)