2022 Around league

dll2000

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really thought they would stick with Steve Wilks there

This puts them squarely in the Franchise QB market, which is more likely through the Draft (or maybe Derek Carr) unless he wants to try the Carson Wentz route again, although I cant imagine a New HC would want to do that.

I agree. I believe with the newer ownership and failed vet QB route already taken, this team will be throwing multiple assets into trade offers to move up the draft. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If Jets trade anything higher than a 3rd for Rodgers they are fools.  I tried to warn them.  Their fans anyway.

This is a 39 year old Rodgers coming off a terrible season.

You are probably getting him for 1 year and that year is unlikely to result in anything more than a wildcard win at best followed by picking toward end of first round again.

Plus NY Media will hate him quickly and he has no good will built up in NY like he does winning a SB in GB to deflect it.  Has soon as he goes on a mini-losing streak it will be nasty.  

Madness to make this move.  Makes even less sense than trading for Favre at end of his career.  And that is best result they can hope for.

There are still radio personalities saying Green Bay will be getting two firsts for Rodgers, and I think Cowherd said something like a 1st this year and a 2nd next year. 

Blows my mind. If it was San Fran and they only had Zach Wilson or worse, whatever. You're overpaying still but for what is a Super Bowl caliber team it is less of an issue. But the Jets? Nay nay my friend. Lol 😆 

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He's the first head coach in Panthers history to be hired with an offensive background. I guess 7 out of the 9 candidates they interviewed were offensive guys, with this ultimately being the deciding factor over Wilks.

I don't see why defensive HCs are really even a thing anymore. Idk if I'd even interview one. NFL is an offensive league and while it isn't PURELY due to being offensive, look at the disparity of offensive over defensive HCs in the postseason. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

There are still radio personalities saying Green Bay will be getting two firsts for Rodgers, and I think Cowherd said something like a 1st this year and a 2nd next year. 

Blows my mind. If it was San Fran and they only had Zach Wilson or worse, whatever. You're overpaying still but for what is a Super Bowl caliber team it is less of an issue. But the Jets? Nay nay my friend. Lol 😆 

I don't see why defensive HCs are really even a thing anymore. Idk if I'd even interview one. NFL is an offensive league and while it isn't PURELY due to being offensive, look at the disparity of offensive over defensive HCs in the postseason. 

I thought the trade for Jamal Adams was crazy (for that amount) and it happened.  Who knows what someone will do.  It would be crazy stupid IMO though.  

Continuity in offense is important.  It can be overcome, but I think when a QB reaches point where he knows offensive scheme in his sleep it is a large advantage.  Then you can get creative off that base of operation.  

Favre talked about how he would be bored in practice, and serendipitously come up with new stuff playing around.  Brady talked about that too I saw once.  I think that is point you want to get to with your QB.

I think if there wasn’t so many overlapping concepts many coaches utilize offense in NFL would be much worse with all coaching turnover. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I thought the trade for Jamal Adams was crazy (for that amount) and it happened.  Who knows what someone will do.  It would be crazy stupid IMO though.  

Continuity in offense is important.  It can be overcome, but I think when a QB reaches point where he knows offensive scheme in his sleep it is a large advantage.  Then you can get creative off that base of operation.  

Favre talked about how he would be bored in practice, and serendipitously come up with new stuff playing around.  Brady talked about that too I saw once.  I think that is point you want to get to with your QB.

I think if there wasn’t so many overlapping concepts many coaches utilize offense in NFL would be much worse with all coaching turnover. 

This is the reason why it is entirely in the realm of possibilities that we receive an insane offer for the number 1 pick. Teams get desperate and do crazy things. That being said, we are talking about our beloved Bears and history dictates that we can't have nice things 😡

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think best case scenario for Bears is a double first round trade down.   Love to see it. 

If this happens I may literally pass out. I am going to have to have my girlfriend with me on day 1 of the draft with an AED on hand to revive me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

This is the reason why it is entirely in the realm of possibilities that we receive an insane offer for the number 1 pick. Teams get desperate and do crazy things. That being said, we are talking about our beloved Bears and history dictates that we can't have nice things 😡

I am hoping we do a historic double trade down.  

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Absolutely. This is why I say to make your initial trade offer too low and work up or demand too much and work down. Only takes one fool or one act of desperation.

Not only that but how many times did we watch Rodgers scramble, just to see each receiver break off their routes to designated spots for first downs? That level of consistency and system fluency just adds another layer to how difficult an offense is to contain. Getting Daboll was on the top my my list in large part due to this. He worked with Allen, utilized Allen's legs as a legitimate weapon, and he would be able to give Fields and his supporting cast the consistency to master that offense IMO.

Reid has been one to let his QBs and their players make moves on the fly. McNabb and TO had the ability to do that and now you see it with Mahomes and Kelce. They see something, both get the message and go off-script. Some think Reid is just a maestro of a playcaller and there is a level of truth to that, but the connection those two have and how they see the field the same way is what makes them pretty much impossible to stop.

• Like 1

I did not compile this, I am borrowing it from another poster.

https://beargoggleson.com/2023/01/21/ch ... ors-first/

I do not think enough people clicked through this artcile to show the REALISTIC returns the Bears would get so I am summarizing here for my lazy breatheren. The writer used BOTH trade value charts when coming up with these scenarios and almost all of them are slightly skewed against the Bears' favor. Expecting much more than what is listed below probably will not happen. Maybe one of the secondary picks are round earlier or another late rounder, but that is about it.

HOU (#1 and the Bears 3rd) : 1ST ROUND PICK (2), 3RD ROUND PICK (65), 2024 2ND ROUND PICK
AZ: 1ST ROUND PICK (3) ; 2ND ROUND PICK (34) 5TH ROUND PICK (136), 2024 2ND ROUND PICK
IND: 1ST ROUND PICK (4), 2ND ROUND PICK (35), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK, 2024 4TH ROUND PICK
SEA (#1 and the Bears 3rd): 1ST ROUND PICK (5), 2ND ROUND PICK (37), 2ND ROUND PICK (51), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK
LV: 1ST ROUND PICK (7), 2ND ROUND PICK (38), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK, 2024 2ND ROUND PICK
ATL: 1ST ROUND PICK (8), 2ND ROUND PICK (44), 4TH ROUND PICK (112), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK, 2024 3RD ROUND PICK
CAR: 1ST ROUND PICK (9), 2ND ROUND PICK (39), 2ND ROUND PICK (60), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK
NYJ: 1ST ROUND PICK (13), 2ND ROUND PICK (43), 3RD ROUND PICK (64), 2024 1ST ROUND PICK, 2024 2ND ROUND PICK

Draft Value Charts to do calculations:
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Valu ... stTeam=SEA

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Valu ... h-Hill.asp

So Poles will absolutely be able to pry into who each team wants, they can refuse to answer but if he is smooth enough he can get a clear insight at least. If HOU wants Young and IND wants Levis he could potentially make the double tradedown.

First Trade
HOU (#1 and the Bears 3rd) : 1ST ROUND PICK (2), 3RD ROUND PICK (65), 2024 2ND ROUND PICK

Second trade (For #2, scaled down to reflect that)
IND: 1ST ROUND PICK (4), 3RD ROUND PICK, 2024 1ST ROUND PICK

Again, to me the Draft Charts get thrown a bit to the wind when QBs are being involved. But this is an instance that I would fully support Poles in trying to get. If IND doesn't want to play ball after the trade down with HOU then take your guy and let AZ play with them. AZ already has committed to Murray and might want to replace Watt due to his retirement, so the threat of them trading back and someone else getting Levis is a real possibility.

Of course if Poles just feels both want the same guy then he just makes his choice for whatever the best value is perceived to be. But dammit it is fun to be able to contemplate trading BACK for the guy you want rather than how much to trade up for him, or hoping someone else doesn't take them.
  • Like 2

Let's hear your best guess for where these HC candidates are going to end up?...for me...

Broncos: Sean Payton

Cardinals: Brian Flores

Colts: Jeff Saturday

Texans: DeMeco Ryans

Side note...can't believe the Eagles get to keep both coordinators...especially Steichen who should be the fit in Indy.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Let's hear your best guess for where these HC candidates are going to end up?...for me...

Broncos: Sean Payton

Cardinals: Brian Flores

Colts: Jeff Saturday

Texans: DeMeco Ryans

Side note...can't believe the Eagles get to keep both coordinators...especially Steichen who should be the fit in Indy.

I think this sounds about right. Except for Payton. I'm not sure any big name is going to take on that mess. Therefore this guy is going to be the Bronco's next head coach:

Dave Chappelle Tyrone Biggums GIF

And this will be his OC:

Napoleon Dynamite Rock Throw GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Edited by Bigbear72