2022 Around league

dll2000

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

$16m tied to Zeke, $5m in cap space. If he stays, it won’t be for anywhere near what he’s worth 

Dallas saves 10.9M against the cap by making Zeke a post 6/1 cut. Based on how he's looked the last two years, it's a pretty good bet he'll be gone.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

To me it seems like they made the choice there of Jenkins over Jones (the right choice IMO). Gonna take a whole other level of financial gymnastics for them to add in FA this year though from the way it looks since my understanding is they can’t restructure Rodgers’ deal this year for cap space (don’t know the specifics or even if that’s right - just remember seeing it somewhere).

If Rodgers retires I do think they can delay turning in the paperwork until after the June 1st marker. I wonder if they knew Rodgers was done or if they already have talked with him about a restructure and cut deal. Like Michael Thomas for example. 

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

the only problem with 6/1 cuts is that you can't actually use that space until after 6/1

True, but DAL is already more than $5M under next year’s cap and will almost certainly restructure Dak’s contract (can free up $22.3M per OTC). They can restructure Zack Martin too to free up over $9M too. That’ll give them plenty of working space while they wait out 6/1 for Dak’s money to be come officially available. 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5 AND DK Metcalf for possibly 1 year of Rodgers? 😂😂

1 year of washed Rodgers no less. They could’ve gotten something similar to that package if they’d traded him last year or the year before after his MVP seasons. 

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

qnu2iMA.jpg

done by a packer fan. Looks believable 

I must say, I have seen some "interesting" post and opinions while being on this board over the last 15 years or so but this may be one of the most outlandish things that I have seen. I know it's all in fun but I wouldn't even bother to share this foolishness with anyone. In one draft they have 3 1sts and managed to pick up both Metcalf and Hopkins by trading Geriatric Rogers  a 2nd, 4th, and 5th? C'mon man!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

qnu2iMA.jpg

done by a packer fan. Looks believable 

You should see some of the ones Bears blogs or whatever are putting on twitter and being serious about it.  

Fans are going to be pissed when they find out their simulations are not real life and other humans are not going to give them whatever they want.

Anyone who trades big for Rodgers at this point in time deserves to lose their franchise.  That would turn out dumber than Wilson trade is turning out.  

• Like 3

You guys should see the hell on earth that is the bears fanpage on fb I yanked these from. 

qBLqRT8.jpg
this guy pushed himself to his mental limit 

gLVAjn0.jpg
in case you’re not following..we trade down, and then back up. And then we trade up again into the top 10 without using first round capital. 
bKnx19K.jpg

the Herschel Walker trade had to happen again, right? 
KqzIizX.jpg

this one might be the least obscene one lol

P4XZUj9.jpg
because why not move on from premier young players?

dnOC0MM.jpg
no team has ever traded down twice within the top 12? Let’s do it 4 times!

iBmOtwJ.jpg
In what world does Irsay give up less than this 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Anyone who trades big for Rodgers at this point in time deserves to lose their franchise.  That would turn out dumber than Wilson trade is turning out.

I just love the concept of the Seahawks absolutely fleecing the broncos with an aging, depreciating asset and then turning around and doing the same thing to themselves with an older, more depreciated asset 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

You guys should see the hell on earth that is the bears fanpage on fb I yanked these from. 

qBLqRT8.jpg
this guy pushed himself to his mental limit 

gLVAjn0.jpg
in case you’re not following..we trade down, and then back up. And then we trade up again into the top 10 without using first round capital. 
bKnx19K.jpg

the Herschel Walker trade had to happen again, right? 
KqzIizX.jpg

this one might be the least obscene one lol

P4XZUj9.jpg
because why not move on from premier young players?

dnOC0MM.jpg
no team has ever traded down twice within the top 12? Let’s do it 4 times!

iBmOtwJ.jpg
In what world does Irsay give up less than this 

All look legit to me! Who needs coffee? I'm all fired up now.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 4