2022 Around league

dll2000

18 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Have to wonder if Cunningham turned down the job--we may never know. But it's certainly understandable that he wouldn't want to tie himself to Vrabel and risk getting fired in a year or two if Vrabel does.

Carthon was hired right after is second interview - my guess is that he just blew them away and they decided to move forward immediately. 

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Interesting to hear that Cunningham turned down the AZ GM gig.

I feel that is a guy who realised the main voice in that building is going to be Kyler Murray…I don’t blame him one bit for turning it down…clear better spots are going to come open in the next few years and maybe he see what Poles has coming up and thinks not being hamstrung by a terrible QB contract & a QB who is going to have a day in the next HC might not be the best idea.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I feel that is a guy who realised the main voice in that building is going to be Kyler Murray…I don’t blame him one bit for turning it down…clear better spots are going to come open in the next few years and maybe he see what Poles has coming up and thinks not being hamstrung by a terrible QB contract & a QB who is going to have a day in the next HC might not be the best idea.

Agreed. Whoever took the AZ job would have to deal with KM1 for the next 2 years at least, and might be hamstrung about who they hire as a coach since the owner is still paying the last one for the next 5 years while he hangs out in thailand with his model gf. 

as for TEN, he wasn't offered but got to a second interview - that GM will likely have to deal with a strong presence in vrabel.

best case scenario for this whole thing is cunningham stays with us this year (check), then accepts a job next year (looking v possible) and we get a 2024 and 2025 3rd rounder, then Poles hires another POC as his next right hand man

35 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Robbie Gould played for us for 11 seasons. He's now played 7 seasons with NYG and SF, and is 171/194 for an 88% fg success rate - which is mostly dragged down by an outlier year in 2019 (23/32).

letting him go was one of Pace's worst moves

But remember how happy the board was when he went?

42 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Greg Roman stepped down today and Byron Leftwich became the fall guy in Tampa Bay. Wouldn't mind bringing in one or both. Give them whatever title, just want to have them involved.

Michigan's OC is currently in a lot of trouble...maybe Roman goes back under Harbaugh?...

Or maybe he thinks Lamar is done in Baltimore.

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Greg Roman stepped down today and Byron Leftwich became the fall guy in Tampa Bay. Wouldn't mind bringing in one or both. Give them whatever title, just want to have them involved.

All of Baltimore was begging for someone to take him last year. 

I doubt Lamar is going to be "following" him anywhere