2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Michigan's OC is currently in a lot of trouble...maybe Roman goes back under Harbaugh?...

Or maybe he thinks Lamar is done in Baltimore.

I would like to see Roman take a minor consultant role,like what Childress did under Nagy. Just having his input on running with the QB, blocking schemes, etc might help Getsy keep working the offense around Fields. 

Unlikely though. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I would like to see Roman take a minor consultant role,like what Childress did under Nagy. Just having his input on running with the QB, blocking schemes, etc might help Getsy keep working the offense around Fields. 

Unlikely though. 

Oh I think it would be great to pick his brain a little but I am not sure I would want to bring him in or he would come here either.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Oh I think it would be great to pick his brain a little but I am not sure I would want to bring him in or he would come here either.

I doubt it too. I think he can find a big role elsewhere, maybe even a HC gig in college if he wants to go that route. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I doubt it too. I think he can find a big role elsewhere, maybe even a HC gig in college if he wants to go that route. 

Potentially although there were always murmurings that being an HC just wouldn't fit him...Michigan makes a ton of sense for him...great pay and a easier gig working with plenty of talent...I see that as a better fit than any NFL team but you just never know in this league.

57 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Potentially although there were always murmurings that being an HC just wouldn't fit him...Michigan makes a ton of sense for him...great pay and a easier gig working with plenty of talent...I see that as a better fit than any NFL team but you just never know in this league.

I've heard that, but being a grumpy ***hole is fine if you can win. Universities care more about the revenue than the players or coach's personality. Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer were both jerks but Harbaugh wins enough Michigan won't fire him. 

That being said I would like to see Roman in college again. With a someone like Ruchardson he could have made FLA WAY better than it was this year. Even if just using running QBs with no real NFL potential like Malik Cunningham and D'Eriq King he could do damage. Michigan would at least be the safe and easier spot though. 

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Would you prefer Leftwich or Roman in some consulting type role?

Roman would make infinitely more sense for working with a qb like Fields and developing the offense that I believe got Lamar his MVP. Leftwich could help Fields be more pure of a passer, which is what Fields wants. Doesn’t disqualify Fields from reading the field and running when he feels like it. A lot of these designed qb runs in the league are god awful. Can’t go wrong with either, although I also don’t know if either are worthy of actually taking a demotion 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

From everything I have heard this season (mostly The Athletic) he has been terrible all year...no wonder KC didn't want to give him a big contract.

Anyone who the Chiefs not only let walk but let walk after giving up high picks for, it's buyer beware. I'll take him at RT but if he wants 20-22M a year at LT? **** that

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Anyone who the Chiefs not only let walk but let walk after giving up high picks for, it's buyer beware. I'll take him at RT but if he wants 20-22M a year at LT? **** that

I am just not sure he fits this scheme from an athletic point of view...at RT and for the right price he would be okay but not someone I would target...I think he also needs to understand the game has moved on from when his dad was able to play LT in this league...dude is clearly a RT and he just needs to accept it.

• Like 3