How many games is Deshaun Suspended for in 2022? (Poll! What’s your prediction?)

brownie man

How many games is Deshaun Suspended for?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many games is Deshaun Suspended for in 2022?

2. 2. Will Deshaun have potential for a 2023 Suspension

• Yes, the league will state there may be more suspensions in 2023
    • No, the league will state that his decision is foreseeably finalized

The question none of us want to really deal with, but the decision is more likely coming down soon so I thought it’s worth it to make our predictions. I like looking back at things in hindsight. I hope we can keep things clean on the topic. 

I’m going to predict he gets a 10 games suspension with an appeal down to 8. I also think the league will foreseeably state that he shouldn’t expect anything going forward unless something new appears. 

With no criminal guilt I can’t see him being suspended the entire year. And after sitting out a season I think the league is going to want to move on from this. I think suspending him the year would make the cloud linger even longer. I also see a fine coming probably 1-2.5 million. 

So that’s my prediction 10 games appealed down to 8 with a fine of  more than a million. 

Edited by brownie man

47 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The whole season. The NFL will count last season somehow too and consider it a two year ban on par with what Bauer got. 

Yeah, to do that they have to get Watson to give them 10.5 million dollars. Can't retroactively suspend someone for a prior season anyway, just isn't going to get presented in that way at all.

I always suspected 6-8 games. I'd still go with that guess. Last season and the civil cases will have little to no bearing.

Edited by Thomas5737

8 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The whole season. The NFL will count last season somehow too and consider it a two year ban on par with what Bauer got. 

Thats what I’m thinking as well. He’s gone all year, with the equivalent of paid administrative leave last year.

9 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Wow....I was thinking closer to 4.  You guys are probably right though.

Now what would lead you to believe that any poster in this forum probably is right?

Track records, performance?

Stick to your guns.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:22 PM, bruceb said:

Now what would lead you to believe that any poster in this forum probably is right?

Track records, performance?

Stick to your guns.

Moreso because I haven't paid as much attention to other suspensions.....I assume that others are actually paying attention, and realize that this may be more serious?  IDK....I'm still hopeful for 4...lol

Wish the punishment would just get handed down and you knew what was coming. It’s like when you’re a kid and act out then dad tells you to go to your room. The wait sucks. You know it’s going to be some level of an *** beating with a slight chance of mercy but to what extent is unknown. In this case Deshaun deserves it to hang over him but as a fan it’s nice to know what to expect even if it’s lengthy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Moreso because I haven't paid as much attention to other suspensions.....I assume that others are actually paying attention, and realize that this may be more serious?  IDK....I'm still hopeful for 4...lol

I feel like thats the range it will be. 4 or 6 or 8. I have a feeling it will be 6.

8 feels heavy without literally any conviction from the courts and 4 wont appease the masses looking for blood. 6 games seems like the perfect amount. Its enough to hurt the Browns this season (which I assume the league wants) but not enough to kill them off from playoff contention and the league to make their money off of storylines. Perfect blend.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:35 PM, big poppa pump said:

I can't see any final resolution coming out now.

So maybe 4 now with the condition that there might be more to come in 2023 depending on the outcome of the civil suits.

I can’t see them splitting the difference here. I can see a huge suspension this year or them kicking the can down the road one more year until there’s a resolution, but doing this whole suspension/fake suspension thing 3 years in a row I don’t personally see. I get there’s not a huge precedent here but still.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I can't see any final resolution coming out now.

So maybe 4 now with the condition that there might be more to come in 2023 depending on the outcome of the civil suits.

NFL doesn't care about civil suits only what happened to bring on the civil suits. They do their own investigation if there is no criminal charge they suspend based on that.

If there are criminal charges that changes things but in this case there is no reason not to have a suspension done prior to the season and no 2023 and beyond coming from these known incidents.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Looks like another plaintiff has added their name to the lawsuit.

23. He’s the MJ of allegations. I’m eagerly anticipating “the other side” of this. Very likely all of these happened during the one month massage ban in Texas during Covid and he was doing a humanitarian service to the industry. It’s probably total chance he only got female masseuses and had some major inflammation in the center of his groin.

• Like 1