Cardinals CB Jeff Gladney killed in car accident

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Man what a tragedy especially after he was finally going to get a 2nd chance.

I know. From what I had heard, he had worked extremely hard to get back to the field and build trust in the building. Was penciled in as the starter across from Byron Murphy. Now it's up to seeing if Marco Wilson can improve in year 2. 

Poor Gladney. I hope that his family and friends will be able to recover.

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely awful. So many of these guys think they’re invincible in their early to mid 20s. 2:30 AM really initially makes me wonder about a few things and hopefully they weren’t the case.

Yep although I did some extremely stupid stuff in my 20s with little to no money so I can't really blame them.

I've done a lot of stupid things in my time but speeding was never one of them--even when I was running late to my first kid being born.  It just never made any sense to me.  Even when I was 17-25 years old my fiends would always tell me I drive like an old man.  I didn't care then and I certainly don't care now. 

Screw that.  If you're driving that fast because you need to be some place then leave earlier. It's that simple. NOTHING is THAT important. And if your driving fast just to drive fast then you're just a selfish idiot. It's also that simple.  I could be even more blunt here but I'll hold my tongue.

RIP Gladney. You and your loved ones didn't deserve this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I've done a lot of stupid things in my time but speeding was never one of them--even when I was running late to my first kid being born.  It just never made any sense to me.  Even when I was 17-25 years old my fiends would always tell me I drive like an old man.  I didn't care then and I certainly don't care now. 

Screw that.  If you're driving that fast because you need to be some place then leave earlier. It's that simple. NOTHING is THAT important. And if your driving fast just to drive fast then you're just a selfish idiot. It's also that simple.  I could be even more blunt here but I'll hold my tongue.

RIP Gladney. You and your loved ones didn't deserve this.

You clearly haven't driven in Texas...

• Like 2

I know Gladney has had his life struggles but that still wouldn't make me (or any of us) wish this on our worst enemy. At the end of the day, one has nothing to do with the other. Regardless of whether or not you/I think a guy might have been a bone head in his life at least he was alive.

This is heartbreaking. He had an entire life ahead of him, he was seemingly trying to make positive changed to his life. This is another harsh and unfortunate reminder of how fragile life is and how quickly it can disappear. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Oh God. Feels like the Vikings drafted him yesterday. That's horrible. 

He was terrible with us, and ended up being an awful human being.

But I can't wish death on him, nor can I wish that he turned his life around for the better. 

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Even when I was 17-25 years old my fiends would always tell me I drive like an old man.

On occasion my coworkers will see me driving in to work and say I drive like an old man (4 mph over the speed limit max). I always leave with ample time whenever I go anywhere and I’ve never been late to anything. Better than driving in a way that puts myself or others at risk, or makes me a target for police. 

• Like 1