OC Alex Mack Officially Retires

J-ALL-DAY

I wonder how long they have known. I am legit surprised we did so little to address the position. We very well may have drafted a starting caliber C, but I don't know if anyone is really ready to play. 

Perhaps the plan is to have Trey call protections?? He did it in college but typically Kyle likes the C to do it 

15 minutes ago, StevenK said:

So do we go after JC Tretter or is Brunskill going to fill in? Whose taking first team reps at C for us right now in OTA? 

Brendal is my guess who starts. A full season of scout team with Lance. Lol, idk if it's a good idea but the 49ers seem to like him. 

30 minutes ago, StevenK said:

So do we go after JC Tretter or is Brunskill going to fill in? Whose taking first team reps at C for us right now in OTA? 

I don't think that we are going to get Tretter. We could, just don't think it will happen. I'd guess Brunskill moves over to center. 

31 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wonder how long they have known. I am legit surprised we did so little to address the position. We very well may have drafted a starting caliber C, but I don't know if anyone is really ready to play. 

Perhaps the plan is to have Trey call protections?? He did it in college but typically Kyle likes the C to do it 

That's why I think its' Brunskill. I think that they new that nobody we drafted in the middle rounds was going to beat out Brunskill to start right away if we drafted them. 

I doubt that Shanny is going to up and change his typical behavior in the first full year of Trey starting. I imagine he's going to make this season as easy possible for Trey. 

• Like 1

Yep, Brunskill. He's the ever-underwhelming favourite. He's a good football player, he's just someone you always look to improve upon. But I'm okay with it. They'll scheme things to help the interior of the OL as much as they can. I think the defense will be the key to our successes anyway. The offense was never going to reach its full potential in year 1 of Trey. 

But what will we talk about in training camp if there's no butt sweat?

1 hour ago, N4L said:

If I had a good feel of what was going on back in March, so did the team lol....Actually, they would have known even BEFORE that. Something just felt off the entire time. 

Curious to see how Moore looks at guard in camp and preseason. Banks is all but assured a starting spot. Then I think there is a good chance Brunskill shifts over to C as @Forgementioned. 

• Like 1

Honestly if Moore looks good at RG i think Brunskill will be the one at OC. If he doesn't Brendel probably gets the shot and Brunskill stays at RG.

Think Brunskill is a better C than G. Smart player that just lacks the true power.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Think Brunskill is a better C than G. Smart player that just lacks the true power.

Disagree. His footwork is good and he can get to the second level on those reach blocks. But that's it. He can't anchor against quality pass-rushing DTs and he's a liability in short yardage situations. At RG he could position himself with certain different angle blocks. But center is different. Especially when you facing a zero lined up right over him or he's going against a agressive alignment like a bear front. He'll get mauled, no pun intended. He's a smart player but being cerebral only gets you so far. Physically you have to be able to hold up.

regardless of who plays center, we gotta think about bringing in some bodies in the IOL

additional bodies. Paradis, Tretter, Spain, Flowers. if this ends up being as bad as it looks, it could really be detrimental to Lance long term.

Edited by John232
  • Like 1