Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

You just know one of these girls has a 60 Minutes interview lined up the week Watson returns to play talking about how she was coerced to stick her finger up his bum and then do the deed.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Trojan said:

Anyone remember when there was a mini-conspiracy theory that McNair was behind the Watson lawsuits because he was neighbors with Buzzbee? I wonder how those ideas explain this development.

Oh, they don’t have a response. Like, at all. 

So, I had an interesting conversation with a group chat my cousins invited me into - his neighbor is an NFL agent, and he represents a few “higher profile”clients. He went into a few things that provided clarity to this current situation (in a roundabout way):

Deshaun Watson was using The Houstonian hotel as his base of operations; He was living out of the hotel, used their training facilities, their meal facilities (ie. room service) and their spa (which is now the crux of the “enablement” of his alleged crimes). It sounds nefarious and does paint a picture of “the Texans KNEW what he was doing!” but… this sort of arraignment is actually pretty standard.

When a player doesn’t live in the city they play in (Watson still primarily resides in Georgia - he never bought a house in Houston or surrounding areas) the team will secure living arraignments for them. We see rookies and newly minted FAs live out of these arraignments until they get an apartment or buy a home. While there, they don’t want the player inundated by fans who can engineer information to find out where players are staying, so the room is booked under a corporate account, so the players can keep SOME semblance of privacy as they go through their routine.

So - in context of the Texans enabling Watson by providing him a central location - this is actually pretty standard across all 32 NFL teams. It’s probably safe to say that Derek Stingley Jr, Jalen Pitre, John Metchie III, etc. are staying at that same hotel right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, I had an interesting conversation with a group chat my cousins invited me into - his neighbor is an NFL agent, and he represents a few “higher profile”clients. He went into a few things that provided clarity to this current situation (in a roundabout way):

Deshaun Watson was using The Houstonian hotel as his base of operations; He was living out of the hotel, used their training facilities, their meal facilities (ie. room service) and their spa (which is now the crux of the “enablement” of his alleged crimes). It sounds nefarious and does paint a picture of “the Texans KNEW what he was doing!” but… this sort of arraignment is actually pretty standard.

When a player doesn’t live in the city they play in (Watson still primarily resides in Georgia - he never bought a house in Houston or surrounding areas) the team will secure living arraignments for them. We see rookies and newly minted FAs live out of these arraignments until they get an apartment or buy a home. While there, they don’t want the player inundated by fans who can engineer information to find out where players are staying, so the room is booked under a corporate account, so the players can keep SOME semblance of privacy as they go through their routine.

So - in context of the Texans enabling Watson by providing him a central location - this is actually pretty standard across all 32 NFL teams. It’s probably safe to say that Derek Stingley Jr, Jalen Pitre, John Metchie III, etc. are staying at that same hotel right now.

While I can't confirm anything about the Texans situation, in general, this is pretty standard across the NFL and MLB. I don't know about other leagues. Teams will pay for the room with a corporate account and then players/coaches/whoever will put their personal card on file to pay for any additional room charges. Determining whether Watson or the team paid for "services" will likely be brought up at some point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I can't confirm anything about the Texans situation, in general, this is pretty standard across the NFL and MLB. I don't know about other leagues. Teams will pay for the room with a corporate account and then players/coaches/whoever will put their personal card on file to pay for any additional room charges. Determining whether Watson or the team paid for "services" will likely be brought up at some point.

One would think that even if the team paid, though, they have plausible deniability that they didn't know what was going on (unless they don't, of course, and some document/email/text is leaked that confirms that they know--at this point probably has a 50-50 chance of happening) and that they thought they were paying for Watson to get massage.  I don't think it's over yet, whatever it is.

Seriously.  Not just for ET but is there a single Houston Texans fan on the planet not glad they are done dealing with this Soap Opera of 💩?

I mean I understand the fan upset they are starting over trying or without the FQB Watson supposedly was but seriously.  

God Help Browns Fans!!!! 🍺

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Seriously.  Not just for ET but is there a single Houston Texans fan on the planet not glad they are done dealing with this Soap Opera of 💩?

There are various pockets of people who still believe this is some sort of orchestrated effort between Buzbee and Cal McNair - but outside of that, there’s a sense of relief. It’s a rebuild, but at least there’s a lot in the chamber to use.

As far as me? I still don’t like the McNair family or Jack Easterby and I don’t think I’m the only one on that boat here. But I would be lying if I didn’t admit that Nick Caserio has impressed me (a lot) and - despite the way the search was conducted - I like Lovie Smith specific to this role. He’s here to do what David Culley was brought in to do, which is to rebuild trust between players and coaches and FO/Ownership. 

Prior to the drama, Watson was right in his protest against the franchise. There was a significant fracture. But now, it seems as if people are on the same page, pulling in the same direction; The conflict between the groups are gone and people can finally focus on football - both players and fans.

It’s refreshing to be done with the drama at least. 

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 5:00 AM, Trojan said:

Anyone remember when there was a mini-conspiracy theory that McNair was behind the Watson lawsuits because he was neighbors with Buzzbee? I wonder how those ideas explain this development.

Oh as with most conspiracy theorists when their theory gets debunked - they go Homer Simpson into a bush 

On 6/14/2022 at 6:32 PM, ET80 said:

The Texans couldn’t trade him - the allegations came out a few days before the start of the new league year, which was the only time a trade could be made. I want to say the first case rolled in the day before the start of the new league year.

After that, nobody was going to trade for Watson until there was some level of clarity on Watson’s situation (specifically, whether or not criminal charges would be filed). Once that didn’t happen, the Texans moved Watson within the week.

According to those close to the team, Nick Caserio was creating a plan to trade Watson right before the draft or on Draft Dat (money was on the Jets, for a lucrative package that included pick 2 - which was probably going to be Zach Wilson). 

What was the point of not suspending him and allowing him to take a roster spot?

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What was the point of not suspending him and allowing him to take a roster spot?

Getting all those picks for him the next year was the point. The NFL does not let you suspend players on a whim. ( again see AB and OBJ)

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think they had grounds to suspend him indefinitely - the legal situation was still playing out, and the Texans taking a preemptive step to suspend him would have been met with a swift response from the NFLPA.

• Like 1