Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

Drafting based upon advice from a homeless guy was worse.

Drafting an almost 30 year old rookie quarterback in the first round was worse.

Moving the team was worse.

The fans making Apple Ernest Byner turnovers in tailgating parties was worse.

Making a statue of Jim Brown was worse.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly at this point, the league should nullify the trade (aside from draft picks already used), and void the contract 

How would the nfl have the power to void that contract? It’s 100% guaranteed and signed by both parties.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How would the nfl have the power to void that contract? It’s 100% guaranteed and signed by both parties.

NFLPA probably fights a move to void the contract pretty hard.

Now, if NFL suspends Watson for 1+ years and CLE has an out clause based on "conduct detrimental" that is another matter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

A lot of the Browns forum still to this day and time:

tenor.gif

I thought he would get a year, I'm leaning towards 2. 

Apparently the networks want him to play, he adds millions of dollars to a lot peoples pockets 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The answer, IMO, is just "Yes". They both look awful.

One organization enabled the behavior, the other rewarded it and defended/continues to defend it.

Not only that, the Browns look worse I think because they straight up lied to everyone when they said they investigated this when they clearly didn't do a damn thing.

Here's a dark idea: They did investigate, found more, and deemed it still worth moving forward with the trade.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Here's a dark idea: They did investigate, found more, and deemed it still worth moving forward with the trade.

Ooooooooooh… goodness, hadn’t even thought of that.

This might give us something fun to talk about during the offseason, but unless somebody comes forward with real evidence of wrongdoing, it will go up in smoke like all the other lawsuits and the worst Watson will get is an early suspension for making the league look bad.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I think you're on to something here.

Maybe they looked at how the NFL handled Robert Kraft who was caught getting happy endings/hiring prostitutes from a place busted in a human trafficking sting....and the NFL slapped him on the wrist.

Or how Tyreke Hill was accused of child abuse and got 0 games suspended.

I honestly feel like the Browns knew he was probably going to get suspended and didn't care because they were going to look at the long term with Watson, but the NFL has shown to not have a great baseline to work off of.

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

He played the Browns like a fiddle. If he wasn’t a sociopath and sexual predator, his cunning would almost be admirable 

The Browns didn’t get played. Willful ignorance is on them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Drafting based upon advice from a homeless guy was worse.

Drafting an almost 30 year old rookie quarterback in the first round was worse.

Moving the team was worse.

The fans making Apple Ernest Byner turnovers in tailgating parties was worse.

Making a statue of Jim Brown was worse.

Nah this beats all of those things. Including the move.