Colts starting safety, Khari Willis, retires at 26 years old

TheRealMcCoy

Looks like a great thing they drafted Nick Cross at the end of the 3rd round (was surprised he lasted that long). They also signed Rodney McLeod from the Eagles who could step in initally if they feel like Cross isn't ready to go from week 1, but he'll be a starter sooner rather than later now.

Also, look at Wentz still having a negative effect on the Colts even when he's gone....

lol jk

• Like 3

Interesting. While I respect his decision to direct his life how he sees fit, this seems like one of those decisions that backfires 10/10 times. He is an NFL starter about to be extended from his rookie contract. He made no real money. This doesn't make sense unless he is so injured that it would affect his quality of life not to stop. He turned down life-changing wealth right when he was at the precipice after working his entire life to get here. This makes no sense to me and I believe unless this is 5D chess to play for Easterby I just don't get it.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Let's be careful with the why here people...

Oh snap. I didn't realize that was the why. Interesting. I wonder if he could be traded to another team that doesn't put that energy into that why. Hmm. Odd situation all around.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Looks like a great thing they drafted Nick Cross at the end of the 3rd round (was surprised he lasted that long). They also signed Rodney McLeod from the Eagles who could step in initally if they feel like Cross isn't ready to go from week 1, but he'll be a starter sooner rather than later now.

Also, look at Wentz still having a negative effect on the Colts even when he's gone....

lol jk

Summed it up nicely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Summed it up nicely.

the office fist bump GIF

My best friend is a Colts fan, so I pay a decent bit of attention to you guy.

I hope McLeod plays well for y'all. Both him and Anthony Harris struggled for us in the first half of the year, but played better down the stretch. McLeod was coming back from a torn ACL at 31 years old, so I cut him more slack than I do Harris. I wanted McLeod back more, but I think we kept Harris just cause Gannon has more familiarity with him from his time in Minnesota. McLeod is gonna be 32 in a couple weeks, but being 2 years removed from the injury should help still. Whether he ends up starting for a bit or being a 3rd safety I still expect him to be a great presence in the locker room for the young guys. He'll also make a positive impact in the Indy community for however little time he might be there for. Great dude.

• Like 2

Ya know what? I wholeheartedly support and respect him for this. 

He made a decent chunk of change, I don't care what anyone says. Frankly, he made more than enough to retire into a comfortable middle class existence for the rest of his life if he's at all smart with his money. 

And he's going into something he must be exceptionally passionate about, else he wouldn't have any incentive to do so. That takes some high maturity and confidence. More power to him, and I hope his new chosen way of life brings him fulfilment.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol jk

McLeod was originally signed because Julian Blackmon was coming back from an Achilles tear (Oct ‘21) but word from minicamp is he was already doing full speed back pedaling and involved in 11v11 drills. So this isn’t as bad as it could have been. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Interesting. While I respect his decision to direct his life how he sees fit, this seems like one of those decisions that backfires 10/10 times. He is an NFL starter about to be extended from his rookie contract. He made no real money. This doesn't make sense unless he is so injured that it would affect his quality of life not to stop. He turned down life-changing wealth right when he was at the precipice after working his entire life to get here. This makes no sense to me and I believe unless this is 5D chess to play for Easterby I just don't get it.

There's more to life than football.

• Like 4