Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

He ain’t it man. I don’t see it. I don’t think it’s really there. 

this that Zach Wilson effect man. If he goes about either Young or Stroud it’s a straight crime and I’m 99% sure that team will end up regretting it. 

Very different scenarios, though. Wilson was playing behind a wall and making out of structure throws in a crappy division whereas Levis was getting beaten up in the SEC. At least the bullets were live with Levis. I get the point though – he'll interview well, he'll be the face of the franchise that owners covet. I think he will be overdrafted ahead of better prospects because of that, but he's still kind of fine to me - sort of like Ryan Tannehill with a better arm. 

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Still gotta watch more but Anthony Richardson impresses me a lot more than I was expecting after reading others opinions about him. Not sure I would want him at #9 but I haven’t hated what I’ve seen all things considered.

I’m with you. While he is raw as a prospect, he’s not nearly as raw as I thought, especially when it comes to his pocket presence/maneuverability. As a Titans fan, I went in comparing him to Malik Willis as a prospect and it’s really night and day between the two. He does still have a ways to go with his footwork and accuracy(his bad footwork causes a lot of his accuracy issues).

I actually think the Panthers are a perfect spot for him. The coaching staff you guys assembled, I believe, would do wonders in his development. Sign a decent vet like Brissett, have AR sit and learned behind him and that coaching staff for a year and flourish.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, TitanSlim said:

I’m with you. While he is raw as a prospect, he’s not nearly as raw as I thought, especially when it comes to his pocket presence/maneuverability. As a Titans fan, I went in comparing him to Malik Willis as a prospect and it’s really night and day between the two. He does still have a ways to go with his footwork and accuracy(his bad footwork causes a lot of his accuracy issues).

I actually think the Panthers are a perfect spot for him. The coaching staff you guys assembled, I believe, would do wonders in his development. Sign a decent vet like Brissett, have AR sit and learned behind him and that coaching staff for a year and flourish.

At some point, the production has to come.  For as much flak as Josh Allen got, he was more productive than Anthony Richardson did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At some point, the production has to come.  For as much flak as Josh Allen got, he was more productive than Anthony Richardson did.

I'd assume that Richardson will be the one of the least productive college QBs ever taken in the first round. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He was less productive in his final year at Wyoming than Richardson was in his final year at Florida, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Another year and I think his production would’ve improved. That’s where his lack of experience comes in. Outside of his accuracy/footwork issues the lack of experience is my biggest concern for him. 

The only current above average NFL QB that had less than 20 career college starts is Kyler, and he was a Heisman winner his full year as a starter. Maybe Richardson is an outlier to that but it is something that sticks to the back of my mind regarding him.

21 hours ago, MagicMT said:

That's bold. I like Richardson and Levis more than most on this board, but I still have them
1. Young   2. Stroud   3. Richardson   4. Levis  

I'm jumping on the traits bandwagon. Give me the big guys who can move. If I'm drafting a QB early, I want an elite athlete. 

• Like 1