2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I definitely preferred Scoot but Miller's a great pick.  As a Hornets fan I have -0- problems with it.   NCAA Tourney left a poor last impression but up through his SEC Tourney MVP he was rolling as the #2 prospect.    

not MY #2 prospect

(not my #3 either but that's neither here nor there)

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You just got a great high upside draft from both your NFL and NBA teams by plundering Georgia and France lol. Gotta feel good.

@Jeezla

France and the Spurs is a proven championship symbiosis. Eagles and Bulldogs...we shall see. Love getting Jalen Carter (and Swifty), but I don't trust Nolan, Ringo, or Jordan Davis. Ringo especially, but at least he was only a 4th rounder. 

Don't know anything about Sidy- I was hoping for Rupert.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

France and the Spurs is a proven championship symbiosis. Eagles and Bulldogs...we shall see. Love getting Jalen Carter (and Swifty), but I don't trust Nolan, Ringo, or Jordan Davis. Ringo especially, but at least he was only a 4th rounder. 

You gonna see about JD and Nolan this year…. trust. I’m still unsure about Ringo, but I didn’t hate the swing of the bat at that point. Much better than trading mid rounders for Quinn and Avery smh.

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Don't know anything about Sidy- I was hoping for Rupert.

Adam Spinella or Coach Spins is a guy I watch a lot of his draft content and he had Sidy as his 15th prospect fwiw.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Adam Spinella or Coach Spins is a guy I watch a lot of his draft content and he had Sidy as his 15th prospect fwiw

Watched Spinellas breakdown right after I replied. I like the defensive potential. You'd think he'd have more explosive dunks the way he gets after blocks, but his vert looks like it drops off when he jumps with the ball. His handle is kinda odd. His moves work in the G League and sometimes look real crisp, but also looks like he would get ripped a good amount in the NBA. Would love to see a guy like T Mac or Manu work with him. If he can improve that handle a bit along with his floor vision (looked like he got tunnel vision when he had the rock) when he's handling the ball, he could be be a player. Not sure how he really fits in the rotation though. Spurs got SG's. They need to trade one for a PG.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

Kevin Porter Jr., Jalen Green, Cam Whitmore... Jesus. A bunch of "me first" low IQ chuckers. Imagine having to coach these dudes lol

I wouldn't be shocked to see Green get shopped around this offseason. Bring in a vet to help Udoka with all these young guys. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Green get shopped around this offseason. Bring in a vet to help Udoka with all these young guys. 

Rockets already said they werent trading him.   The vets will be added via free agency. 

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/21/with-cap-space-at-premium-rockets-may-be-exploring-options-to-trade-away-veterans/