Bears 53

dll2000

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Adds:

CB Josh Blackwell (PHI) DE Jonathan Kingsley (BUF) G Alex Leatherwood (LV) NT Armon Watts (MIN) LB Sterling Weatherford LB (IND) TE Trevon Wesco (NYJ)

I thought Watts was poised for a breakout year. 5 sacks last year and going into a contract year.

Really surprised when we let him go.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Potential low-risk, super-high reward claim. Love it 

From a financial stand point, it's not exactly low risk. They're taking on 3 years and about $17M of his deal. I know this organization can afford it with the cap room in 2022, but that's significant for a guy who's complete s*** right now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Potential low-risk, super-high reward claim. Love it 

Keep him at G and he may have a chance. He has the build and seemingly athleticism, however his footwork, hands, technique and power all sucked. He was getting bull-rushed into the QBs lap by UDFAs. His body language totally sucked too, just looked totally defeated out there. I question if he has any confidence left. 

And yes a l know a lot of the above could be fixed with coaching, so I hope you have a good OL staff. However these problems have been consistent for 3+ years at powerhouse Alabama and a couple in the NFL (two off seasons at least).

I honestly hope he does well for you guys. I hated the pick day one but never hated Leatherwood himself. Seems like a great kid.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Keep him at G and he may have a chance. He has the build and seemingly athleticism, however his footwork, hands, technique and power all sucked. He was getting bull-rushed into the QBs lap by UDFAs. His body language totally sucked too, just looked totally defeated out there. I question if he has any confidence left. 

And yes a l know a lot of the above could be fixed with coaching, so I hope you have a good OL staff. However these problems have been consistent for 3+ years at powerhouse Alabama and a couple in the NFL (two off seasons at least).

I honestly hope he does well for you guys. I hated the pick day one but never hated Leatherwood himself. Seems like a great kid.

I was just going to ask if he was terrible at OG *and* OT or just OT. 

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Corn on the cob always pisses me off. I don't let them or the media come to any of my cookouts.

If you hear a Midwesterner say “all good don’t worry about it” just know they are fighting for their life

Growing up in the Midwest is knowing that it’s not worth explaining where you’re actually from, just name the biggest city closest to you and get on with your life

Midwesterners: I can smell a storm brewing

Midwesterners will make 7 different salads for the fourth and none of them will have lettuce

“I’ve lived in the Midwest my whole life”
*doesn’t know what temperature to use to get rid of fog on the window*

Dad: “How do you like your burger cooked?”
*cooks them all the same*

“I like your shirt”
Midwest women: oh thanks I got it on sale from target and it’s like a million years old

In the Midwest it is customary to go through the garage or side door and leave the fancy front door for guests

-from midwest vs. everybody
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

From a financial stand point, it's not exactly low risk. They're taking on 3 years and about $17M of his deal. I know this organization can afford it with the cap room in 2022, but that's significant for a guy who's complete s*** right now

if you get the numbers right, it's actually way less of a risk than you think. It's only a 3 year/$5.9 million contract remaining

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was just going to ask if he was terrible at OG *and* OT or just OT. 

He struggled at both tbh. We tried him at RT first year one, once it was blatantly obvious he couldn't handle it we kicked him inside to G where he still was poor. He let up the most pressures in the NFL last year iirc. Then this off season with a brand new staff, we tried to get him at RT again but he was still a total flop. We played around with him at G again but ultimately just cut our losses.

I think LG would give him the best chance to succeed, as he played most of his time at Bama at LT iirc.

3 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

if you get the numbers right, it's actually way less of a risk than you think. It's only a 3 year/$5.9 million contract remaining

I don't love the player obviously as he has been bad to date - but if you don't think of him as a first round pick, but a bottom of roster UDFA or late round pick with potential starting upside at some point if a light comes on it changes perspective.

Same with N'keal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:
If you hear a Midwesterner say “all good don’t worry about it” just know they are fighting for their life

Growing up in the Midwest is knowing that it’s not worth explaining where you’re actually from, just name the biggest city closest to you and get on with your life

Midwesterners: I can smell a storm brewing

Midwesterners will make 7 different salads for the fourth and none of them will have lettuce

“I’ve lived in the Midwest my whole life”
*doesn’t know what temperature to use to get rid of fog on the window*

Dad: “How do you like your burger cooked?”
*cooks them all the same*

“I like your shirt”
Midwest women: oh thanks I got it on sale from target and it’s like a million years old

In the Midwest it is customary to go through the garage or side door and leave the fancy front door for guests

-from midwest vs. everybody

Aside from the shirt thing for women and making salads for cookouts - all these things apply to me LOL

• Like 1

CB Josh Blackwell (PHI) DE Jonathan Kingsley (BUF) G Alex Leatherwood (LV) NT Armon Watts (MIN) LB Sterling Weatherford LB (IND) TE Trevon Wesco (NYJ)

Who we think getting cut/IR'd? Mind you these are all speculations on my part

Kinksley -> Robinson (IR) - hurt his knee in last game, goes on IR for at least 4 games and we have ourselves a little try out

Leatherwood -> Carter (cut) - i think Thomas has better upside to replace whitehair at LG, so the cut comes from the backup RG

Weatherford -> Johnson (IR) - Johnson was one of our best ST players last year, but hurt his knee against Seattle and goes on IR

Wesco -> Tonges (cut) - pretty obvious, we have a FB and this should be a simple one in one out situation

Watts -> Pennel (cut) - Pennel is a 9 year vet, we know what he is. I think Poles goes young on the roster and keeps Tonga who they like and Blackson

Blackwell -> Harry (IR) - this move is obvious

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It's funny you say this. I now live in Richmond, VA. My current girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years so we know each other pretty well. A few months back her son did something (I can't recall what now) that pissed me off. Instead of yelling at him I looked at him and said, "You good. Don't worry about it," and walked away. An hour later he came up to me and said, "My mom told me that when you said you were good and not to worry about it that meant that things definitely were not good and that I should be terrified. I'm sorry." I guess it's it true...lol.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

It's funny you say this. I now live in Richmond, VA. My current girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years so we know each other pretty well. A few months back her son did something (I can't recall what now) that pissed me off. Instead of yelling at him I looked at him and said, "You good. Don't worry about it," and walked away. An hour later he came up to me and said, "My mom told me that when you said you were good and not to worry about it that meant that things definitely were not good and that I should be terrified. I'm sorry." I guess it's it true...lol.

LOL That's true.

But above is more the attitude that I am really struggling with something, but I don't want to burden you with it. 

Someone from Midwest says that to you and they are a friend, you may want to ask some follow up questions.